Thread: Beginner 10m Pistol

Beginner 10m Pistol

Hi,

I am sure this topic has been done to death so apologies in advance!

I am teaching my daughter to shoot with a Lov-21 which has been good but not suitable for her first 10m competition.

Therefore, are there any recommendations for a reasonable priced gun that will allow her to compete on a level playing field?

Many thanks.

Regards,

Lewis

What discipline? If its pistol-rested than you can pretty much use any gun cause its rested anyway.
    If its freehand youll need a very light gun.
    Whats yr budget?
    The best junior gun Ive seen so far is the old Tau 7 Junior, weighing in at 725gr.
    It has been totally modified to achieve that weight. No part is left untouched. (while other brands only alter cilinder and barrel length at best.
    ATB,
    yana

I have not shot air pistol for some time now, but when I did, I found my Lov21 fitted with the excellent optional 3D printed parts (including the adjustable palm shelf and front sight weight block with wider front sight and lay-over rear sight with square opening) was very accurate and still very lightweight.

These excellent optional parts were also quite inexpensive to buy and gave the pistol a much better grip and balance and a better front sight blade - without making the pistol noticeably any heavier and can be highly recommended.

Look up the article that was on here at the time as it included details and pictures of these modifications and the supplier.

Moving on to PCP match pistols, the Steyr LP2 is very lightweight match pistol that can be bought with regular or compact barrel lengths. If you are serious enough and your budget can stretch to buying one of these they are a sound investment and also have a choice of grip sizes as well.

The LP2 is as accurate as any match pistol and is the first choice for many target shooters that prefer a lighter weight pistol and they also retain a good resale value. This could be helpful if your daughter decided not to continue with her target shooting interest so it could also be a wise investment.
    Last edited by zooma; 12-06-2020 at 08:09 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

^^^^^ I agree about Steyrs. If you later decided to sell, provided it's in the same condition as you bought you could expect to get your money back.

I have to agree with ZOOMA (reluctantly ) & Flintlock that the LP2 is a pistol that will last a lifetime if used carefully and when they decide to sell they will recoup most if not all of their money. It will be a long time before you can honestly say 'I can outsoot this pistol'.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    I have to agree with ZOOMA (reluctantly ) & Flintlock that the LP2 is a pistol that will last a lifetime if used carefully and when they decide to sell they will recoup most if not all of their money. It will be a long time before you can honestly say 'I can outsoot this pistol'.

ATB
    Ian
    Did you say "outsoot" the pistol?

I know you always insist on cleaning your Steyr barrels really often - but I doubt you ever found any soot in them

Stay safe !

Its not a smelling pistake as I cant out soot any of my pistols.

Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Its not a smelling pistake as I cant out soot any of my pistols.

Im pleezd wee sortid that owt ok.
    Last edited by zooma; 15-06-2020 at 08:17 PM.

Many thanks.