Thread: Training Regime for 10 year old

Training Regime for 10 year old

Hi,

I am currently training my daughter to shoot for her first 10m pistol competition and while I am ok with the basics, does anyone have any advice on core skills and any reference material to support her training?

Many thanks.

Lewis

Imo, at that age, focus should be on fun. So not too strict and lots of shooting games to learn skills in a playfull way.
    Also, NO heavy training as theyre not fully grown yet. Any overloading will damage the bones etc.
    Besides that, normal techniques apply.
    Olympisches pistolen schiessen, one of the best books there is.
    Should be there in english too.
    ATB,
    yana

I've always found with youngsters it's best to offer some reactive targets between paper punching.
    Keeps the interest longer. Chalk targets that "explode" into dust are usually well received.

A very good source of information can be found here :

https://www.tenrings.co.uk/

Shooting is supposed to be fun and enjoyable, don't turn it into a chore no mater how talented they seem to be.
    Don't throw loads of money at it because as soon as they get out with their friends again, discover the opposite sex, decide they need to study for exams, shooting will be the last thing on their minds.
    ,AA , Magtech , Arnie, Sako, Ruger . plus the others .

Turnup is offline Dialling code‎: ‎01344
    Quote Originally Posted by B&W FOX View Post

Shooting is supposed to be fun and enjoyable, don't turn it into a chore no mater how talented they seem to be.
    Don't throw loads of money at it because as soon as they get out with their friends again, discover the opposite sex, decide they need to study for exams, shooting will be the last thing on their minds.

Had a quick look at this site and it looks like a good resource - thanks.
    True freedom includes the freedom to make mistakes or do foolish things and bear the consequences.
    TANSTAAFL

Quote Originally Posted by B&W FOX View Post

Makes it seem easy.

Good resource for reference.

Two books for young target shooters

These are by the same authors:

Learning Shooting Sports

This is intended for the younger age group, 7 and upwards. Encourages good basic shooting habits.

Training Shooting Sports

Intended for the early teenage group who are starting to take it a bit more seriously. It has excellent clear descriptions of techniques and processes. Many adults would benefit from taking the advice offered!

My recommendation would to buy both, you will not regret it.

Rutty