Thread: Webley Tempest

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Webley Tempest

I ve had a .177 Tempest for the last 28 years ( still in great nick as well... ) and i get reasonably accurate shots with it - do get the odd flyer but usually pretty good to be honest - feels lovely in the hand so it does !
    - cheers, Les.

Had my Tempest since 1980 and love it, I stripped it last night to clean and relubed it with moly paste and it's unbelievably reliable.
    Ed - HW77 mk2 .22 + Vmach kit - HW80 mk1 .22 + Vmach kit - Webley Tempest 1979 -
    https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk

IMHO it's a good solid pistol excellent for short range plinking. I wouldn't consider it for serious target work.

Quote Originally Posted by pajj View Post
    IMHO it's a good solid pistol excellent for short range plinking. I wouldn't consider it for serious target work.
    Funnily enough I used a .177 Hurricane in a couple of 6 yard NSRA competitions around 30 years ago and managed to place 3rd out of 9 competitors. Not saying I was a competent shot back then - maybe the others were simply a lot worse than me! That Hurricane certainly did me proud though.

John

Indeed, you'd be surprised. Without practising 10m 1 handed with it, I shot a 47 ex 50 with it.
    And because of its reversed recoil system its ideal as FA trainer.
    ATB,
    yana