Quote Originally Posted by tacfoley View Post
Great news indeed!!! I've just got back home from my Sunday session - shooting a K31 and K11 with a set of new loads, now that Reloader 17 has been deemed carcinogenic or something, IF you eat enough of it, of course.

The sooner we wave bye-bye to Yoorup and its moronic governance, the better, but i fear that the UK has adopted much of the crap they thought vital and incorporated it into UK common law.

I blame France for most of it - s'easy to see why, if you read the excellent book 'A thousand years of annoying the French'.
I have a schmidt rubin, (7.5 x 55) I'm using 16 grains of 2400 behind a gas checked 180 grain home cast, it's about 1/2 the power of factory stuff
im also using the same load in a mosin nagant carbine (7.62 x 54) and it makes it a plesant gun to shoot, the military surplus is bad enough but the privi partazan rounds are evil to the point that no one wanted a go after watching me been blown backwards by the recoil. I have to say the cheap Chinese muzzle brake and very thick but pad helps a lot, untill the force of the gasses been redirected by the muzzle brake shear the 2 tiny cheap Chinese bolts that hold the clamp behind the fore sight (I have a slow motion video if it on my YouTube channel, airgunnut) and no, nothing clipped the inside of the muzzle brake, I have photos to prove it
on my YouTube channel I have slow motion videos of a lot of guns going off and on a few of them you can see the bullet going doen range as a smear.