Thread: Venom Mk1 TX200

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Years ago I took my mk1 .22 TX to venom (when they were based in Birmingham) for a tune, silencer and sling fitted

It returned and was put away as I didn’t have time to shoot it. Years later having moved into a shoe box sized house, my parents brought it over. I again put it away until some years later I moved to a house with a decent sized garden. Having stripped the gun to check it was ok, it has a aluminium piston, stiff spring and delrin tophat and venom silencer. It also has the round 2 cobras sticker. I still have all the bits and pieces that came with that gun accept the 2 tins of lazadome pellets I was given.

Later when I started bell target, I bought our captains old TX again a venom tuned gun, or one fitted with a very worn round sticker of 2 cobras, when the power suddenly dropped we stripped it down to reveal the same aluminium internals and a broken stiff spring, this one doesn’t have a silencer fitted. The captain found the paperwork for it when he moved house, so I now have that.

I bought a 3rd Mk1 .22 TX, that happened to have a very worn venom sticker on it (italic venom, no snakes) Stripping the gun on finding it was on the naughty side of the law. I found a steel piston, delrin top hat an ox spring and 13 washers. But curiously the trigger isn’t riveted together though like the others, it has Allen headed bolts holding it together.

Venom TX200

Only very early TX200's have the Allen head bolts holding the trigger together. Sounds like someone went power crazy and fitted an ox spring and over did the power washers also?

Below is a time line on Venom Custom Rifles.

Venom Conversions. Trapshot . Lye.1981 - 1984 - HW80 Hunter, Sporter, Varminter. HW35 Super Venom Conversion.
    Tune sticker - Venom old English font.

Venom Arms Company. Gun Barrel works. Halesowen. 24/03/1984 - 1995 - Venom 77/80 Varminter, Webley Victor Junior competition, Bavaria BSF 55, Original Custom Hunter 45, Venomega Hunter, Omega Varminter, 77/80 Vantage,Venom custom 85, 77 Trophy, 52 Trophy, 52 Lazer custom,Venom Mach 1, Venom Lazer 77, Bullpup daystate / Sharp Innova, Webley Eclipse Trophy, 77 FTX, Shamal Trophy, VenomMach 2, Daystate Trophy, Venom Viper Innova, 77 Hunter Magnum, HW85 Sidewinder, Venom TDR Excel, Venom Snipe, 95 Black Shadow, TX200 SR Trophy, Venom Scout.
    Tune Sticker. Venom old English font & lazaglide in old English font.

Venomac Sports. Mucklow Hill. Halesowen. /12/1995 - 1998 - TX200 Ranger, 77 Mamba, Excel nighthawk, HW80 Lazahunter, 97 / 95 Lazahunter, Maglaza Hunter 80/97, 80 bull barrel hunter, 95 custom varminter, Venomac Phantom (Daystate MK2)
    Tune sticker. Venomac old English font & lazaglide sticker.

Webley Venom Custom Shop. Frankly. 1998 - 23/12/2005 - HW80 Hunter, 77/97 Hunter, 95 Sporter, 95 Hornet - 20 cal only, Prosport black magic, Vulcanised vantage, Axsor SK hunter, Viper, Viper V8, Super Viper, Tomahawk - Sidewinder, Varminter, Cobra, Xocet Varminter, FX2000 Varminter, Longbow - Sidewinder Compact.
    Tune sticker. Twin Cobra's

V-Mach Custom Rifles Ltd. /02/2006 - Current.
    Last edited by Mach 1.5; 16-06-2020 at 07:34 PM.

[QUOTE=Mach 1.5;7887038]Only very early TX200's have the Allen head bolts holding the trigger together. Sounds like someone went power crazy and fitted an ox spring and over did the power washers also?

Yes, if I remember It was doing around 13.5 I removed the piston and a few washers fell out, put it back together and the power went up. Stripped it again and gave the piston a good shake, and it was like hitting the jackpot in the penny arcade, a payout of washers onto the table, the piston seal had an imprint of the transfer port, the gun only just latched when cocking with all those washers.

Webley Venom Custom Shop. Frankly. 1998 - 23/12/2005
    I must have taken my original TX to them towards the end of their time there.

Do we know what tunes they did to the TX? If the the aluminium piston was the ultraglide, did others use the original piston?

Many thanks,

Lee

Venom TX200

They only did two types of tune. Stage 1 tune. New Spring, Spring Guide, Top Hat, Seal. Ultraglide Tune as Stage 1 but with custom piston etc. Mach 1.5

Thankyou for the thoughts & info, very interesting.

Rich.
    Rich. https://i.imgur.com/6sXOoGi.jpg my MPR's & mk1 TX200
    repeat Burris owner (now have 8)