Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Venom Mk1 TX200

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Venom Mk1 TX200

I've been looking into history / general info on on Venom TX200?
    I bought my mk1 TX .177" as a Venom rifle (in a walnut stock of the same design as the vantage but no paperwork or even the infamous sticker) in about 2008 from Gary Powell and have no reason to doubt him, I used the rifle pretty much as bought for some 'club' comps and pest controll then sorta stopped shootin
    the rifle looks like

please excuse the MPR - I'd been rattin with both rifles a few weeks ago & fancied a photo

and has a HW type piston-seal on a brass adapter (on a steel piston) running the Mk1's shorter stroke

and when bought came with an adjustable trigger setup (looked home-made so was sold quickly) but had a set-back brass trigger blade so that was fitted (much nicer to shoot )

this thread is prompted by finding an advert in November 1996 AGW (while reading about another old rifle I had owned)

and through some digging I'm looking for a copy of Air Gunner August 1991 as there may be an article or advert refering to Venom MK1 TX200

anyone have a copy of that mag or info on Venom's work with early TX's?

my TX is not for sale, I'm not after a valuation & it's just random intrest & posting for the sake of it

Rich.
    Last edited by zedman; 14-06-2020 at 12:22 PM. Reason: spellin...
    Rich. https://i.imgur.com/6sXOoGi.jpg my MPR's & mk1 TX200
    repeat Burris owner (now have 8)

Venom TX Vantage

Have an article somewhere on the Venom TX Vantage. I will do my best to find it out. That is only the second Vantage TX I have seen and would have been done at the gun barrel works in cradley heath. Tune wise - As the TX runs on a lazaglide sort of system Venom would have replaced, Spring, Guide, Top hat and fitted a green piston seal and fitted a Venom Executive Silencer but depending on customers budget.The advert is when they moved to Mucklow Hill and Venomac. They did the TX200 in the Ranger model, short barrel with a shroud which AA copied and called it the TX200HC. Sorry to say but looking at the pics it doesnt seem to be a Venom piston seal on the internals, but i could be wrong!!! and of course over a period of time parts do wear and need replacing. Mach 1.5
    Last edited by Mach 1.5; 19-02-2021 at 01:52 PM.

I can't see enough of the piston, however it doesn't look like it's a standard TX piston with a HW conversion to me so, I would guess it's maybe a Venom piston & had the seal changed at some point from the green Venom HW fitting seal.

There is someone on here that owns a TX tuned by Venom, I shot it a few years back at the Springer Bash, I can't remember for the life of me who it was. I'm pretty sure the piston had been lightened & was black part of the tune & according to the owner.

I just love those Vantage stocks!

ATB

Dave
    IF IT'S NOT BROKE.........DON'T FIX IT!

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Had my TX venom laza'd ed back in the day.. They make a new piston with an alli body, to reduce the weight. This makes sense at mk1/2 strokes, but it too light for mk3 strokes. It also needs a stiff spring, so cocking effort gets firm.

Lightening was a good idea - but they went too far. Needs to come down to around 190-200g, not 160 or whatever it was.

On mine, the seal was venom with std AA fitment, not HW conversion, soas said above, that doesn't look venom. However, it is probably an improvement.

HTH - JB
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by wonky donky View Post

There is someone on here that owns a TX tuned by Venom, I shot it a few years back at the Springer Bash, I can't remember for the life of me who it was. I'm pretty sure the piston had been lightened & was black part of the tune & according to the owner.

I just love those Vantage stocks!

ATB

Dave

Sorry I'm late to the thread, Dave.

The owner of the Venom tuned TX at the Boinger bash was BBS member, Snooper601/John, who's gun sported a left handed thumb hole stock, John won a Big FT event with this gun some time ago, it's also the first gun I ever hit the Quigley bucket with.
    The Venom piston in this gun was running at MK1/MK2 stroke and had an alloy body, the total weight of the piston including bearings and seals was 180 gram.

There was another Venom tuned TX at another bash owned by Slinger69 which he'd just bought from AirArms David but we never opened that one up to take any measurements --- sorry.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Sorry I'm late to the thread, Dave.

The owner of the Venom tuned TX at the Boinger bash was BBS member, Snooper601/John, who's gun sported a left handed thumb hole stock, John won a Big FT event with this gun some time ago, it's also the first gun I ever hit the Quigley bucket with.
    The Venom piston in this gun was running at MK1/MK2 stroke and had an alloy body, the total weight of the piston including bearings and seals was 180 gram.

There was another Venom tuned TX at another bash owned by Slinger69 which he'd just bought from AirArms David but we never opened that one up to take any measurements --- sorry.

All the best Mick
    I think Richard (Rikard) had a Venom Tx200 at one of the bashes,I had a couple of shots with it.
    Les..

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    I think Richard (Rikard) had a Venom Tx200 at one of the bashes,I had a couple of shots with it.
    Les..
    Afternoon Les hope you are keep well, yes I do have a MK1 TX200 Venom but mine has a shortened shrouded barrel and underlever, aluminium piston and set back gold plated trigger, incidentally I also have a std piston that has been converted by Venom to take the HW seal

as to internals, who knows I know it shoots spot-on and 780fps with 8.4gr Exacts so whoever did the piston / seal adapter it works nicely

as to the seal, I replaced it soon after purchase with one from a local shop (maybe should have mentioned this?) and had to re-size it slightly, if memory serves it may have been a HW55 replacement?
    I cannot remember what happened to the one I removed OR its colour

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Have an article somewhere on the Venom TX Vantage. I will do my best to find it out.
    If you could find it it'd be appreciated

Rich.
    Rich. https://i.imgur.com/6sXOoGi.jpg my MPR's & mk1 TX200
    repeat Burris owner (now have 8)

Hello to All,

I bought my full Lazaglide TX200 direct from Webley Venom in 2004.

The piston was aluminium, and had the standard Air Arms seal fitted.

( this was from the last run of Venom TX pistons they made before going under )

Have fun

Best regards

Russ

Tx200

Alloy piston. That's right. That tune was called the ultraglide. Mach 1.5

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Alloy piston. That's right. That tune was called the ultraglide. Mach 1.5
    yup
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by zedman View Post
    I have a Venom tuned Webley Eclipse dating back to 1993, Steve Pope took the order and I remember him saying, it takes a lot of spring to get the Eclipse shooting at full power, it is the fastest actioned springer I have ever shot, similar to a Theoben
    Hw77+7

Venomac

The 95 in the ad with the V1 silencer is in my friends collection. Mach 1.5

The 95 in the ad with the V1 silencer is in my friends collection. Mach 1.5

What was Steve Pope's first choice of rifle ?
    Last edited by HW777; 19-02-2021 at 09:40 PM. Reason: edit
    Hw77+7

Hw55t

Steve's favourite rifle was a tuned HW55T. Mach 1.5