Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: HW30S for target shooting. MPL and Bell Target?

Boogeyman man

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    See what I mean. Not of this planet. Believes in the Boogey Man as well.
    I believe he lives in Blackburn(under a bridge), I'v seen Lloyds documentary about you,😂
    J.
    ok, I admit it, I've got a problem.
    [url]http://www.rivington-riflemen.uk/[url]

Quote Originally Posted by 1shot1kill View Post
    I believe he lives in Blackburn(under a bridge), I'v seen Lloyds documentary about you,😂
    J.
    oh - under a bridge - I thought he lived under a stone..
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

HW30S Mini Match Rifle?

With the RMTC club range finally opening its doors again last night I was able to take my HW30S with me to give it its first try over 10 meters since fitting the "new" Warren Edwards stock.

The rifle was already the most pleasant springer that I had ever shot and the new stock improved it's smooth feeling action even more.

The stock looks really good and fits me much better than the standard stock did so now I will be able to use it a lot more than I could before. My HW30S now looks like a mini-match rifle - but of course it does weigh a bit more than it did and this may well be why it has even less recoil (it never had much to start with!).

When I got home last night I found an old set of raiser blocks that used to live on a Walther match rifle some years ago and they fitted "straight on" (with no modifications being needed), and after fitting them I found I could achieve a very comfortable "heads-up" shooting position with this small springer!

I am looking forward to shooting this rifle again next week in it's new "mini match rifle" format, and if I can get the sights and raiser blocks adjusted to work at 10 meters it should be a super little rifle for me to enjoy using every week.

We have some bell targets set up at 10 metres on the club range (as well as the auto-changers for the "proper" ISU 10 meter paper punching) so I am looking forward to having some real fun with this inexpensive little air rifle - and hopefully ringing a few bells too

Modified my standard stock with a butt hook and added a s/h Anschutz peep sight to replace the Williams sports.

Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

That looks nice Ian, quite an upgrade whilst keeping the traditional sporting factory stock.

OK for you shorties - but us normal sized types (that also have a bad neck) find it hard to get the head low enough to see and align the sights properly.

Still the same superb HW30S mechanics though - with the secret copper washer IJ tuning device

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    - with the secret copper washer IJ tuning device
    Well it was secret.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Well it was secret.
    Don't worry - I won't tell anyone !

Great rifle the HW30, I’m yet to make a stock for mine but it will happen at some point. Putting a new frock on them completely changes the balance and fit, and makes them a very capable little package. Anyway here’s a few of the HW30’s I’ve done in the past, and I’ve got a few more coming up

https://m.imgur.com/a/24QEvpV

https://m.imgur.com/a/vya1B4c

https://m.imgur.com/a/LidN0zM

https://m.imgur.com/a/Mp4sjLQ

https://m.imgur.com/a/ELjZuUO
    Slightly obsessed with Single Stroke Pneumatics
    Also making stocks over at Daviesbuilt gunstocks.

Nice stocks Tom - I especially like the two grey/black ones - really nice.

Have you ever made any stocks to fit the slightly larger (but still small sized break barrel) HW99S ?

I also have one of these HW99S and thought that it could also make a nice lightweight springer target rifle if it had a nice stock like the ones that you make added.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Nice stocks Tom - I especially like the two grey/black ones - really nice.

Have you ever made any stocks to fit the slightly larger (but still small sized break barrel) HW99S ?

I also have one of these HW99S and thought that it could also make a nice lightweight springer target rifle if it had a nice stock like the ones that you make added.
    Thanks pal, I try and keep the aesthetics nice but the handling is transformed compared to original.

I have made one for a HW99, one of my favourites actually…

https://imgur.com/a/XrXclyM

Again handles completely differently now, keep meaning to pick one up for myself at some point have another 99 build coming up next month for a member on here actually.
    Slightly obsessed with Single Stroke Pneumatics
    Also making stocks over at Daviesbuilt gunstocks.

[IMG]img_8075.jpeg[/IMG]

The picture of the HW99S looks good with the posh stock fitted - and it has convinced me that I need to get a stock made for mine if I want to use it as much as I would like to.

The WE stock that I had made and fitted to my HW30S has made a massive difference to its "usability" for me, and I am sure that something similar would do the same when fitted to my HW99S.

Both the 30S and the 99S are really nice shooting lightweight break-barrel air rifles that have a lot to offer, but their use has been a little stifled by their small size when they can be enjoyed by all sizes pf person by changing the stock to one that fits.

[IMG]img_8075.jpeg[/IMG]
    Last edited by zooma; 09-08-2021 at 07:15 PM. Reason: trying to add jpeg image