Quote Originally Posted by Brimfire View Post
I needed to raise my HW30S front sight and Ryan at Intershoot recommended a Centra 8mm raiser (Walther fitting.)
It bolted straight on to the barrel's dovetails but needed 5 minutes of very easy filing to accept my HW80 sight and is rock solid.

I have a good selection of Walther raiser blocks, so I will see what I can do with them, but the dovetails in the HW barrel to take the front sight are a fair bit narrower than those that the Walther fitting raiser blocks are intended to fit.

With the use of some shim (on both sides of the dovetail) to take up the differences between the two different widths it should be possible to make a fit and the shims will prevent the front sight from being shifted across to one side if all of the tightening is take up on the one side only.

Russ uses a very similar method to fit a Centra front sight onto his HW barrels, so I will do the same on the raiser block so my Centra front sight can fit directly onto the raiser block with no width adjustment being needed.

........I should have thought about this sooner - so thanks for the inspiration!