Thread: Sig P226 vs Umarex SA10 vs Sig P320

Question Sig P226 vs Umarex SA10 vs Sig P320

Hey everyone, i'm looking at getting a pellet firing blowback pistol to add to my burgeoning collection, so far I think i've narrow down the options to the Sig Sauer P226, the P320, and the Umarex SA10.

I've seen a few slightly concerning reports of the barrel of the P226 being prone to wobbling and requiring a small fix with electrical tape to seat it correctly. I like that it's all-metal construction though, plus i've shot a real P226 so there's that adding to the pull of it.

The SA10 seems a solid gun but i'm not as keen on the styling of it, and the magazines look a bit fiddly, but i've not seen any bad words about the construction or performance. Just not quite as keen on the look of it, but i'll sacrifice that to an extent if it's the better gun.

I quite like the idea of the Sig P320 with the 30 shot magazine, but it is a little more expensive though, and it seems to be a bigger gun in the hand (could be wrong).

Have any of you got any experience with these guns and could perhaps share some words of wisdom to help me make an informed choice? None of them so far are standing head and shoulders above the others, for me. Otherwise I might be heading to a coin toss to make the decision!

Co2 Sigs tend to be a bit rubbish.
    That might provoke a response that will help you.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    Agreed. I had a 320 for a short while - I can spit pellets with more power and accuracy so it went back.
    The build quality wasn't all that high either. I personally don't think guns should rattle.
    TTFN
    N.
    "The only difference between Men and Boys is the price they pay for their Toys."

I've tested and owned a SIG P250, P320 and P226.

I only kept the P226 and found it a nice pistol to use. It does not tend to shoot to point of aim though and some aiming off may be required. I think that may be because it is set up with light non lead pellets at the factory. That said, the pistol does shoot consistently.

I would also consider the pellet firing Glock 17 - the triggers are very heavy to start with but do wear in after a few CO2 cartridges have been fired through the action. I found that mine does shoot to point of aim.

I also have a Crosman PDM9B, which is a pellet firing blowback clone of the Beretta 92, which is a pleasant pistol to use. I almost sold that one and ended up withdrawing it from sale as I remain quite fond of it.

John M

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    What specifically do you find to be rubbish about them?