Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Your perfect sporting breakbarrel?

Quote Originally Posted by cooper_dan View Post
    Completely recoiless action
    Lower weight than an LGV
    Theoben style twin screw barrel lockup
    TX trigger (or better )
    Stock similar to a FAS 611
    Anschutz or CZ barrel with cocking aid, no open sights
    Perfect or dream Break Barrel doesn't exist but this^^^^ would come very close!!!
    VAYA CON DIOS

Your perfect sporting breakbarrel?

Quote Originally Posted by brian747 View Post
    My Favourite b/b springer is my HW-99.22cal fitted with a WW kit
    by the man himself, its very accurate and with very little recoil.
    its a keeper.!`1
    atb Brian
    Mine too, it matches my sons blueprinted huma regged R10 for accuracy in either of our hands.

Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    The Cometas seem to be really well made. I had an older one, that had a very inefficient seal, but the barrel was great.
    Which is why I dont have it any more, the barrel ended up in a Webley Vulcan
    A few years ago I had Cometa barrels machined for my Rapids, excellent barrels and all have be accurate.

Im getting good consistency from mine, but have seen some guys fitting the Aussie seals when needed, Im very impressed with these Cometas and even the budget 220 has zero twang and hardly any recoil, its definitely better mannered than the 300 and a nicer trigger.
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

Bringing this thread up again, as I took out one of the Supersports tonight.

And, does it shoot!!

With all the Hw77, Tx200, LGV and HW95 shooting I've been doing this summer, I'd forgotten how good a well set up Supersport can be.
    This one is a quite late Mk2 .177", with a rougher finish than the earlier guns, but probably still not mangled by Gamo assembly.
    I've set if up with a fresh seal and a Titan #1 on my own tight delrin guides a few years back, and it recoils quick but soft, shoots without vibration, the pseudo two stage trigger is quite good, and all the pellets of a 5 shot group touch the same hole at 10 meters down my hallway range.

The Supersport is one of the rifles that comes close to my goal of finding the perfect sporting breakbarrel!
    Too many airguns!

I do enjoy my Supersport. It's a cosmetically challenged early one with the stock distastefully customised by a previous owner. Virtually a scrapper when given to me. Parts donated by Mick, T20, and Pete, look no hands. It's a .22 and shoots beautifully. I'd never be able to say that it's quite as clinical as my HWs, but it is very accurate and its light weight means it handles beautifully and could be carried all day. And looking so rough, you don't get upset if it gets wet / got further marked.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    That reminds me that I was given a Supersport earlier this year, must get around to stripping it down and maybe dropping it in the lightning stock if it shoots better.
    Good deals with these members

Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    That reminds me that I was given a Supersport earlier this year, must get around to stripping it down and maybe dropping it in the lightning stock if it shoots better.
    I've done the opposite, put a .22 Lightning XL action in a Supersport stock. Turned out to be a very nice carbine, but not as easy to shoot as the full length Supersport.
    Too many airguns!

Cometa Fenix 400 Ultra Short Carbine.