Quote Originally Posted by enfield2band View Post
Hi tac, I'm an MLAGB RO. The one thing I have to constantly watch for when overseeing a shoot is that people move flasks, containers with phials in them, and tins of caps to one side, and, cover them with a cloth to avoid premature ignition by a stray spark.

90% of the shooting at my club is done from a table so one has to be vigilant. Some members load off the firing point as they feel this is safer and only cap the gun or prime the pan when they are ready to shoot.
My point was simply to note that if you don't have anywhere to put things down on, then they are unlikely to attract unwanted sparks from other shooters adjacent. In the club here in UK which I shoot BP - either pistol or rifle - I fetch my phials for the handgun from the otherwise closed shooting box, and load them into the chambers. Then cap up and shoot.

With my rifle I use replicas of WoNA-era cartridges kept in a brass cartridge box behind the line, load up on the line, and cap up when I'm ready to shoot.

When I used to shoot with the VAA I'd load my rifle off the line, carry it vertically TO the line, and cap up after lying down to shoot it. Just as everybody else did.