Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: In praise of the mighty 4x32

Have a look at a Meopta 4x32 (go for the 4a reticle).
    I have one on an Artemis carbine but I’m thinking of shifting it onto my 97 for HFT
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Quote Originally Posted by TRS1 View Post
    This thread has really crystallised what I have been thinking lately. And I have really enjoyed it.

I have just taken a punt on a very cheap Edgar Brothers 4x32, so cheap it was rude not to. No idea what they are like, we'll see.
    Glad to have helped, I hope you enjoy the scope. EB put out some very decent glass over the years so perhaps you’ll be pleasantly surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by maximus View Post
    After a bit of googling I can only find a few new 4x32's. The dearest is the have vantage ao, followed by Nikko Sterling and BSA. Have I missed any other quality offerings, couldn't find Nikon or Weaver?
    Have a look at a Meopta 4x32 (go for the 4a reticle).
    I have one on an Artemis carbine but I’m thinking of shifting it onto my 97 for HFT

4 x 32

Yep forgotten about the Meopta. Stunning glass on those. Mach 1.5

Only looked for meopta on uttings but they didn't list a 4x32, in fact only one option iirc. Will google further! Thanks Max
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

I can only find the meopro 6x42, no 4x32 anymore it seems ☹
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

4x32

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    A few of my favourites -
    Zeiss 4 x 32
    Simmons WTC 4 X 32
    Vixen 4 x 32 PA
    Tasco AG 4 X 32
    Kassnar 4 X 32 WA / PA
    Parker Hale PHS 4 X 32
    Mach 1.5
    This has been an excellent post to follow.
    Are the majority of the scope models mentioned suitable for air rifle ranges,say closest 10 yards and beyond.
    I am keen to purchase a quality 4x32 scope but don’t want to get into the reparallax question.
    Cheers Sidelever
    Diana 52 .22 short stroked
    AA S410.177+Hawke Vantage
    Think outside...no box required

I had this compact Tasco 4x32EG on my 77, I bought it used from the bay, it was a great little scope and very clear too.
    It had the weird rangefinder reticule with an upside down fat Christmas tree at the bottom (but I ignored that)
    I think it must have been a fake because I couldn't find anything out about it, but as said it had very clear glass

it eventually died and I bought a Leapers 2-7x32 which is an excellent scope that I still use when Im not shooting open sights.

Ideally I would like to pick up an old gloss finish scope maybe 4x or 6x for the 77 as my eyesight isn't great and sometimes Im struggling with open sights

Quote Originally Posted by sidelever View Post
    Are the majority of the scope models mentioned suitable for air rifle ranges,say closest 10 yards and beyond.
    I am keen to purchase a quality 4x32 scope but don’t want to get into the reparallax question.
    Cheers Sidelever
    The vast majority of 4x32’s will be perfectly suitable, mate.
    A friend of mine has a Zeiss 4x32 which is PA’d for fullbore and it’s clear/focussed right down to a few yards away.

Quote Originally Posted by sidelever View Post
    Cheers Sidelever
    I get by on my 20 yard garden range with various 4x32's and 2-7x32's set at 4 without problems, parallax error decreases with decreasing objective size, have a look here;

https://www.lelandwest.com/parallax-...8CB3F0.cfusion

Image focus can suffer on occasion, (rarely), but you can fine tune things with the ocular reticle focus, if you wind it out then come from the "other side" of reticle focus if you know what I mean and I always sight concentrically.

I recent text from a friend on here reminded me that I had an Edgar Brothers 4x32 lying in a box so I decided to revisit it. Its a little rough cosmetically but the quality of the glass is superb and it offers a crystal clear image down to about 5 yards. I recall its previous owner telling me he had re-parallaxed it to 30 yds.
    I have no idea of the model but in faded script on the rear of the scope are the words "Made in China".

Thumbs up 4x32

Just picked up a Nikko Stirling Special 4x32 glossy black and made in Japan.
    Fine crosshairs reticle.
    Will post photo once mounted on my trusty Diana 52.
    Diana 52 .22 short stroked
    AA S410.177+Hawke Vantage
    Think outside...no box required

Thats a coincidence, i pulled out my '52 this morning, haven't seen it for ages. Forgotten how easy it was to cock with that massive sidelever.