Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: In praise of the mighty 4x32

4x32

I must say very nice shooting Craig.
    You’ve got me thinking about finding a 4x32 for my Diana 52.
    It would would look pretty cool and simple as they come no faffing with adjustments.
    Diana 52 .22 short stroked
    AA S410.177+Hawke Vantage
    Think outside...no box required

BSA EMD 4x32 on a Brum Stingray. It's all I need. Optics are clear enough and it never loses zero. It's got mil-dots and everything

I've been shooting irons for the past 5 years but the old mince pies are going a bit now, Craig.

On a more modern note, I have a Leapers UTG 4 X 32 Bugbuster which is nice and compact and really does focus clearly down to 3 yards.

I also have a Rhino 4 X 32 turretless scope from the 1980's -- windage and elevation are adjusted by two screws hidden near the focus ring -- for some reason the idea never caught on.

My favourite is my Tasco 2-6 X 20 611VFM which is a superb little scope -- that said, it's been left at 4 magnification for years!

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    The little Tasco 611VFM was p/x in feet.

Intersting I.J, got a full pic ?
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Great shooting as usual Craig.
    I like the low mag smaller scopes, I have a nice niko sterling 4x32 on my fwb sport and a Doktor 4x32 on my Hw80.
    Les..

Quote Originally Posted by mr dink View Post
    That looks in good condition Ian what year is it.
    Difficult to say. I came from the Webley (Wallis & Wallis) auction. A Tracker for the U.S. market.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynB View Post
    Intersting I.J, got a full pic ?
    Here is a couple on FWB Sports.

Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by sidelever View Post
    I must say very nice shooting Craig.
    You’ve got me thinking about finding a 4x32 for my Diana 52.
    It would would look pretty cool and simple as they come no faffing with adjustments.
    Thanks mate. I’m waiting to push the target out a bit further and see how it compares against my open sighted rifle. Only problem being my target box would be reduced to mush at the minute as it’s not stopped raining all week...
    I’m also going to give this rifle a run around a HFT course and see how it goes.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Quote Originally Posted by Fenman View Post
    BSA EMD 4x32 on a Brum Stingray. It's all I need. Optics are clear enough and it never loses zero. It's got mil-dots and everything

I've been shooting irons for the past 5 years but the old mince pies are going a bit now, Craig.

Blimey, been a while, Graham. Good to see you still around here, mate.
    Open sights have been another huge interest of mine recently. I put this together a short while back.

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    Great shooting as usual Craig.
    I like the low mag smaller scopes, I have a nice niko sterling 4x32 on my fwb sport and a Doktor 4x32 on my Hw80.
    Les..
    Thank you, mate. I’m definitely going to try and pick another couple of models up, Les. I’d be interested to see how the older models stack up against a modern, high end offering (if such a thing exists now that we’re in the times of Horus reticles, 40mm bodies and pint pot sized turrets )

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    Thank you, mate. I’m definitely going to try and pick another couple of models up, Les. I’d be interested to see how the older models stack up against a modern, high end offering (if such a thing exists now that we’re in the times of Horus reticles, 40mm bodies and pint pot sized turrets )
    The Docter scope I have as got the single post reticle, I would like to change the ret for a mill dot or even a 30/30 ret for those longer range shots. It's got great glass.
    Les..

optima is a lovely scope I had one on my Webley tracker

That is lovely looking rifle Craig
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Thanks mate. I’m waiting to push the target out a bit further and see how it compares against my open sighted rifle. Only problem being my target box would be reduced to mush at the minute as it’s not stopped raining all week...
    Open sights have been another huge interest of mine recently. I put this together a short while back.
    Looks like the weather forecast is looking more favourable for Saturday and after the weekend, Craigy. Quite scorchio by Wednesday, apparently. I've got my pass stamped for Monday.

Your peepy '77 is lovely, and we've witnessed how accurate this one also is.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Thumbs up

Blimey, been a while, Graham. Good to see you still around here, mate.
    Hope you are well, Craig
    I come post on here from time to time. Mostly lurking and reading. That's a banging set-up that.

Last edited by TRS1; 19-06-2020 at 07:45 PM.