Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Umarex co2 replicas; which is the best?

What about these Webley mkVI service revolvers? Just been looking at some photos and they look great

I've just purchased a Colt SAA too and looking forward to having a play with it

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    I'd be wary of tuners - ...
    I learned the hard way to do all my gun work myself about 20 years ago! And I'm a quite conservative when it comes to modifications.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie View Post
    What about these Webley mkVI service revolvers? Just been looking at some photos and they look great

The Webley is interesting, but its not available second hand over here

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Trigger tuning was mainly de burr and polish/lube on the transfer bar and the linkages plus the index bar. Cant remember if there are many differences between the 92 and 88. Never saw anyone shoot one competitively in comps as they sit too high in the hand. There is a lot (or there was ) of info on the CP88 and Colt 1911 over on UBC by a lad called Geoff.
    Thanks! I'll look into the UBC info. The Umarex Colt is somewhat of a turnoff for me, as I shoot 1911's competitively (legal here in Norway), and the Umarex version has a trigger that does not come close to the original. Kinda ruins the experience when you are intimately familiar with how its supposed to work.

Don't know why Umarex made such a mess of their 1911 trigger/safety set up.

All the Taiwan 1911 BB guns work well.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    Don't know why Umarex made such a mess of their 1911 trigger/safety set up.

All the Taiwan 1911 BB guns work well.
    I have to agree there. The grip safety works fine on single action but grates on double to the extent I find myself wishing it was just cosmetic!

Grip safety apart, I'm a fan of the Umarex 1911.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie View Post

Just to follow up on this, the Colt SAA arrived today and blimey, CO2 pistol quality has come a LONG way

I've got a few older models such as the Beretta 92f and more recently a pair of Dan Wesson revolvers, but this little Colt is top notch, can't wait to have a plink with it later in the week

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    I have to agree there. The grip safety works fine on single action but grates on double to the extent I find myself wishing it was just cosmetic!

Grip safety apart, I'm a fan of the Umarex 1911.

John
    John
    You can pin the grip safety, all the IPAS users normally had this minor mod done. I still have my modified Gold Cup version as it has too many good memories attached to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    John
    You can pin the grip safety, all the IPAS users normally had this minor mod done. I still have my modified Gold Cup version as it has too many good memories attached to it.
    Thanks Mark,

I seem to recall reading this somewhere but I'm a bit of a tit when it comes to mods unless the job is really simple such as working on a CO2 Makarov. The Umarex clones frighten me as I would probably make a hash of it and then wish I'd left well alone!

Kind regards,

John

Smith & Wesson 586 4” for plinking 6” barrel paper punching
    CS1000-HW97K
    HW 75 .177
    HW 45 Black Star

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    Smith & Wesson 586 4” for plinking 6” barrel paper punching
    The trigger just isnt good enough. I have an old Daisy 44, and that actually has a better trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    The trigger just isnt good enough. I have an old Daisy 44, and that actually has a better trigger.
    Mine is great
    CS1000-HW97K
    HW 75 .177
    HW 45 Black Star