Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sending a stock to the states

Sending a stock to the states

I’ve read the previous threads on this but didn’t find a definitive answer, other than ‘Don’t bother’

Can anyone advise me on how to send a 1960’s Feinwerkbau air rifle stock to the USA?

I’ve asked Custom stocks how they do it but haven’t heard back.

I’ve heard PDQ are good.

Cheers,
    Matt

don't think you can

Pretty sure Craig Petty has done...
    Craig P on here..?

Cheers Ian.
    PM Matt.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    Cheers Ian.
    PM Matt.
    Thanks Craig.
    A ray of hope then

Cheers,
    Matt

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Why not just send it as a carved piece of wood, which it is really.

Quote Originally Posted by micky2 View Post
    Why not just send it as a carved piece of wood, which it is really.
    Not to worry, I have a legitimate shipping option.
    I’ll see how it goes and post the result.

Cheers,
    Matt

I tried one a while ago and it was x rayed and sent back to me.... I had declared it as 'a piece of wood' they claimed it was a firearm component, ironically I posted 'a steel tube' and that posted no problems! Both to the US....

edbear2 Guest
    Off subject, but I actually managed to talk with one of the nuggets in the mail /customs a few years ago when a small 1930's "Kilgore" cast iron cap gun I sent to the USA was delayed. I had sent it with the sideplate opened so if X-rayed was obvious it was a hollowed out toy, and had described it on a large printed CN22 as a toy vintage childs cap gun etc.

Sent it Airsure, and when checking saw no tracking progress 10 days later, eventually after a lot of faff I managed to talk to a human who said it had been x-rayed, opened and inspected, deemed not to be a firearm and actually a toy as described.........And diverted to surface mail (6 weeks delivery) as seen as a "threat" if flown airmail

I could't help myself and retorted that the only way it could be used as a threat on an aircraft was if someone boarded with a toolkit, unbolted their seat and cut through the cabin floor, got into the hold, found the actual parcel, then re-emerged waving the little thing about shouting "I have a gun!".

He then got all serious and sniffy and started on about recorded phone calls and knowing where I Iived etc. and I was lucky it had been diverted otherwise he would have stopped it because of my "attitude"

At least I had the satisfaction of pointing out the whole charade to him, something you rarely get wth these faceless pen pushers these days.

ATB, Ed
    Last edited by edbear2; 09-04-2022 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    Off subject, but I actually managed to talk with one of the nuggets in the mail /customs a few years ago when a small 1930's "Kilgore" cast iron cap gun I sent to the USA was delayed. I had sent it with the sideplate opened so if X-rayed was obvious it was a hollowed out toy, and had described it on a large printed CN22 as a toy vintage childs cap gun etc.

Sent it Airsure, and when checking saw no tracking progress 10 days later, eventually after a lot of faff I managed to talk to a human who said it had been x-rayed, opened and inspected, deemed not to be a firearm and actually a toy as described.........And diverted to surface mail (6 weeks delivery) as seen as a "threat" if flown airmail

I could't help myself and retorted that the only way it could be used as a threat on an aircraft was if someone boarded with a toolkit, unbolted their seat and cut through the cabin floor, got into the hold, found the actual parcel, then re-emerged waving the little thing about shouting "I have a gun!".

He then got all serious and sniffy and started on about recorded phone calls and knowing where I Iilved etc. and I was lucky it had been diverted otherwise he would have stopped it because of my "attitude"

At least I had the satisfaction of pointing out the whole charade to him, something you rarely get wth these faceless pen pushers these days.

ATB, Ed
    You must never point out to an idiot that he’s an idiot Ed, they don’t like it.
    Morally flawed

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Cornelius View Post
    You must never point out to an idiot that he’s an idiot Ed, they don’t like it.

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    The trouble is people like that finish up in government top jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by AC all day View Post
    I tried one a while ago and it was x rayed and sent back to me.... I had declared it as 'a piece of wood' they claimed it was a firearm component, ironically I posted 'a steel tube' and that posted no problems! Both to the US....
    The thing is people now turn them into lamp standards, and call it upcycling. l wonder how they would portray that.

Would they see the light???

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by micky2 View Post
    The thing is people now turn them into lamp standards, and call it upcycling. l wonder how they would portray that.
    I remember on telly years ago (antique roadshow maybe) a very live looking SMLE being looked at that had been turned into a standard lamp, and the expert being a wag said;

"Brings a whole new meaning to the term Light Infantry"

The bolt back a tad, and mag drilled for the flex, which then went up the (presumably clear) bore were the things I noticed at once

ATB, Ed