Thread: Hi Everyone

Hi Everyone

Hi Everyone,

New to the modern hobby and forum

I got a BSA Supersport as a gift from my parents for passing my exams many moons ago which I still have but haven't used it for years

During the lockdown my son got himself a Gamo Phox PCP starters kit which we have been playing around with on some land the in-laws own and I got hooked so got myself a Walther RM8 UC which is nice but its a heavy little thing and to be honest I think I prefer shooting the Phox but its an entry level gun that will get me going and give me an excuse to upgrade later

Anyway going to apologise in advance for any daft newbie questions I will ask in the coming weeks and months while I find my way around this awesome new hobby

Thanks

Del

What do you make of the Phox?

I’m currently looking to get one after getting into air rifles from doing a bit of plinking in my garden with an Umarex 10/22.

There seems to be mixed reviews on here but a lot of it seems to be based around the mk1 with the fixed moderator.

Welcome to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by welshname View Post
    What do you make of the Phox?

I’m currently looking to get one after getting into air rifles from doing a bit of plinking in my garden with an Umarex 10/22.

There seems to be mixed reviews on here but a lot of it seems to be based around the mk1 with the fixed moderator.
    Yeah we have the Mk 2 Phox and both of us really like shooting it, ive not got a lot of experience with other guns to make too many comparisons but find its very accurate, shoots and cocks a lot smoother than the RM8 UC we have and its lighter. I know it uses the BSA magazines which ive read can be problematic but up to now we've not had any issues with them so for the money we can't complain.

Only thing you need to do on them is fit a longer screw to the 2nd stage adjuster on the trigger as the stock one is too short but other than that they are in my opinion good value for money and a good way into PCP rifles