Thread: Compact pcp ideas - anything beat a Steyr Pro X?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Compact pcp ideas - anything beat a Steyr Pro X?

Evening all, been a while but I’m not up to speed on the newer PCPs these days so thought I’d ask the collective wisdom of the BBS

I’ve got a requirement for a new sub-12 compact precharged. Had things like Skan bullpup and mini in the past, also had a steyr lp5 with a little buttstock attached which was a cracking little semi auto rig but lacking in power with it being a pistol.

Semi was good fun in the LP5 so having googled about a bit I see the Pro X is now available in rifle format so would clearly be ideal but a bit of a price tag to match...

Is there anything else worth looking at or shall I just bite the bullet and get an X?

Currently already using a Browning Buckmark .22lr which is a similarly compact rifle but has a bit too much poke for some areas I’m rabbiting on. Semi obviously isn’t absolutely needed but does look like good fun which is half of the point if these things

Cheers all and hope there’s a few old school members around who still remember me

The AGT Uragan Compact is an excellent stumpy gun and over £1000 cheaper than the Steyr. However, stock levels seem to be very low on anything interesting at the moment and you may struggle to find what you want.

Bsa ultra se? Compact, accurate rather a lot less money than a steyr

Ah thanks guys was watching the tumbleweed on this thread wondering what I'd done wrong

I definitely fancy a bullpup more as a change than anything else, current main sensible PCP is a Harrier X which isn't exactly a snooker cue but can get a bit unwieldy bu the time you put a moderator on it...

Also I've not bought a new gun in years and that self indexing action does look good fun! Is there anything else similar for fast firing fun?

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie View Post
    Is there anything else similar for fast firing fun?
    Huben k1, but good luck finding one (I have one and it's great fun).
    One shot, one kill. Not luck, just skill.

Quote Originally Posted by aj View Post
    Groups open up like hell on those guns on fastfire mode though. Look at the youtube vids. Fixed mag i also do not like as if the safety switch should malfunction you have a real safety issue on your hands. As with the pro x the mags are removable. What stops the pellets falling out of the loading side if the gun is pointed vertical? Rather the styer myself.

Quote Originally Posted by aj View Post
    I agree and although I don't own one I have used one extensively. However it is FAC only which might disqualify it for consideration in this search. What the K1 does indicate very clearly is that the future in high end PCP's is being 'hammerless' and I would look for most of the high end makers having hammerless guns available within a pretty short period.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie View Post
    Evening all, been a while but I’m not up to speed on the newer PCPs these days so thought I’d ask the collective wisdom of the BBS

I’ve got a requirement for a new sub-12 compact precharged. Had things like Skan bullpup and mini in the past, also had a steyr lp5 with a little buttstock attached which was a cracking little semi auto rig but lacking in power with it being a pistol.

Semi was good fun in the LP5 so having googled about a bit I see the Pro X is now available in rifle format so would clearly be ideal but a bit of a price tag to match...

Is there anything else worth looking at or shall I just bite the bullet and get an X?

Currently already using a Browning Buckmark .22lr which is a similarly compact rifle but has a bit too much poke for some areas I’m rabbiting on. Semi obviously isn’t absolutely needed but does look like good fun which is half of the point if these things

Cheers all and hope there’s a few old school members around who still remember me
    The BP17 is as compact as it gets. It's not semi-auto like the Steyr but considerably cheaper.
    https://sureshot-airguns.co.uk/atama...micro-bullpup/