Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Compact pcp ideas - anything beat a Steyr Pro X?

Quote Originally Posted by woodpigeon View Post
    Just a note on the steyr h5auto.
    This rifle(scout)is in my opinion is on par with anything out there in the accuracy stakes.i had the non auto first which was every bit as accurate I just wanted the auto.i have a mk4 is and a wolverine r to compare the steyr to,so it’s in good company if Ime going to push the distance out I go for the steyr.
    My H5a is very good too. It’ll do 5p groups at 55yds happily. You’ll sometimes get a flier on the first or last but I think that’s down to the mags. Up to 45 yds you won’t notice it.
    It’s brilliant.
    Steyr LG110 ft with S111ss 10-50x60lrirmoa. Steyr Hunting 5A , Air Arms TX200 .22
    Air Arms S510 Ultimate Sporter with Hawke sidewinder 6-24x56.

Back on the Steyr subject, a chap on another board has just posted a 10 shot quick fired group from 55m that looked to be about the size of a 50p - Ive asked if he can do the same but with deliberate aim as well to compare.

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    Why not concider a 12ftlb version?
    Up to you but I'm not sure of how it would work. I'm pretty sure that the alterations needed would make the Huben a waste of effort and would cost a lot of money. Don't forget that hammerless air rifles are using air to open the valve. It is a different system. Anyway if you do get a quote for a 12 ft lb Huben I'd be interested in knowing the price!!
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Quote Originally Posted by guy View Post
    No import duty and delivers straight to your door!!!
    This is true but will almost certainly end on 31st December 2020 unless the UK has done a comprehensive deal with the EU which looks incredibly unlikely.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie View Post
    Back on the Steyr subject, a chap on another board has just posted a 10 shot quick fired group from 55m that looked to be about the size of a 50p - Ive asked if he can do the same but with deliberate aim as well to compare.
    Which board is that please mate? Drop me a pm if mentioning the other place isn’t allowed.
    Cheers, Craig
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Been blowing a gale here all week, but will get round to shooting a few groups at 50m once it die's down a bit

John
    Law of any kind only affects those willing to abide by it.

Attaman

The attaman pup is worth a look anmd the vulcan 2 . attaman from Sure shot rifles and the Vulcan only if your very lucky ??? HOLLY
    " BE YOURSELF , EVERYBODY ELSE IS TAKEN "

Quote Originally Posted by scimitar View Post
    The attaman pup is worth a look anmd the vulcan 2 . attaman from Sure shot rifles and the Vulcan only if your very lucky ??? HOLLY
    Ha yes I just missed the one you sold unfortunately! How did you rate it? I saw you didn't have it for all that long?

Quote Originally Posted by pruddasfinest View Post
    My H5a is very good too. It’ll do 5p groups at 55yds happily. You’ll sometimes get a flier on the first or last but I think that’s down to the mags. Up to 45 yds you won’t notice it.
    It’s brilliant.
    I have to say I had the .22 Fac H5 S.A and try what I may it wasn’t accurate at all..especially 2 out of 5 shots were flyers!
    Uk dealer was very proactive in getting it sorted.. tried several different head sizes,change of barrel,Reg reset nothing worked.
    It went back to Austria ..the last update I got was they had barrel issues with the .22!
    My humble £500 Fac .22 Rapid beat it hands down,both tested @ 25-30 yds simultaneously with rifle rested on folded front seat.. my usual shooting whilst crows/ Pigeon shooting position!
    Last edited by maxtich; 06-07-2020 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by maxtich View Post
    I have to say I had the .22 Fac H5 S.A and try what I may it wasn’t accurate at all..especially 2 out of 5 shots were flyers!
    Uk dealer was very proactive in getting it sorted.. tried several different head sizes,change of barrel,Reg reset nothing worked.
    It went back to Austria ..the last update I got was they had barrel issues with the .22!
    My humble £500 Fac .22 Rapid beat it hands down,both tested @ 25-30 yds simultaneously with rifle rested on folded front seat.. my usual shooting whilst crows/ Pigeon shooting position!
    I have heard this about some of the .22’s.
    Mines .177 and spot on. I get fliers sometimes but I reckon that’s the mags or the mag spring may be a bit soft now.
    Is not as good as my lg110 but it’s not far off.
    One thing that has been noted, if were at the range and it’s windy, I can rattle a quick 5 shot group off that’ll be good but sometimes the single shot target rifles will have bigger groups as the winds changed by the time they’re ready for their next shot.
    Steyr LG110 ft with S111ss 10-50x60lrirmoa. Steyr Hunting 5A , Air Arms TX200 .22
    Air Arms S510 Ultimate Sporter with Hawke sidewinder 6-24x56.

For hunting I don't see why anyone would need a faster shooting gun than the Lelya 2.0! Not semi auto or whatever the correct term is.. But fast enough! Also has ambi cocking levers, paired with the thermal scope the rats have no chance hehe

Quote Originally Posted by SilentSniper View Post
    For hunting I don't see why anyone would need a faster shooting gun than the Lelya 2.0! Not semi auto or whatever the correct term is.. But fast enough! Also has ambi cocking levers, paired with the thermal scope the rats have no chance hehe
    If you are hunting rats or squirrals semi auto would cone in very handy.

Just to finish this post off here’s what I ended up with (assuming the image works I’ve had to cross link from another forum due to inexplicable lack of uploads on here outside of the sales forum)

First impressions are extremely good, ticks all the right boxes and has taken a few rabbits already.

Thanks again to all for the input/suggestions!

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    If you are hunting rats or squirrals semi auto would cone in very handy.
    Leshiy 2 springs to mind Chris
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie View Post
    Just to finish this post off here’s what I ended up with (assuming the image works I’ve had to cross link from another forum due to inexplicable lack of uploads on here outside of the sales forum)

First impressions are extremely good, ticks all the right boxes and has taken a few rabbits already.

Thanks again to all for the input/suggestions!

Very nice, mate - glad you’re sorted
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation