Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Compact pcp ideas - anything beat a Steyr Pro X?

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie View Post
    Crikey that's not good grouping, was it during a thunderstorm?

If nothing else this thread has opened my eyes to the other 'pups available on the market at the moment and probably saved me a grand (if I can find a bleedin' Vulcan 2 or Matador anywhere that is )
    I wished it was, mate - I could have found an excuse to keep the thing then (and not lose money on it).
    As said, I’m hoping to be proven wrong and see some decent long range groups being posted but personally I wouldn’t buy another without some thorough testing first.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Just a note on the steyr h5auto.
    This rifle(scout)is in my opinion is on par with anything out there in the accuracy stakes.i had the non auto first which was every bit as accurate I just wanted the auto.i have a mk4 is and a wolverine r to compare the steyr to,so it’s in good company if Ime going to push the distance out I go for the steyr.

will post a few groups up when I am next out with it, the worse bit for me is loading the mags!!! they empty so quick!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Snapshot View Post
    Geordie, I found that I really need to try any bullpup I'm considering in the shoulder for more than just a few minutes. A Wildcat II seemed fine in the shop so I bought it then found I couldn't get a comfortable head position or acceptable groups. I also got cramps in my hand from gripping the pistol grip too tightly trying to get the gun in the right position. A great pity as it was everything I wanted apart from that.

The Uragan Compact is much better for me so I'll be sticking with it. I believe there's a shipment from AGT due to arrive in a couple of weeks so there may be some Vulcans available then.
    If it didnt fit then it wasnt the right gun. Fit is on the top of my list everytime and I work down from there
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Still been sniffing around looking at PCP options, Vulcan 2 remains the favourite but while looking at the Edgun Matador I happened across the Lelya 2 - crikey it's a tiny little thing but reviews suggest still very accurate. Obviously ££ like the rest of the Edgun stuff but has anyone had any experiences with them?

The fact that it seems to be a bit of a one man band, and now a one man UK seller is a bit of a put off but the workmanship and stock quality seems to be top notch

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    That shows styer quality. The Huben k1 on the other hand on a few vids i looked at the groups open up like a shotgun on fastfire mode. Yes the Huben k1, is a grand cheaper but id rather pay the grand extra and have your tighter grouping. Fastfire with tidy grouping would be devastating on rat shoots. Rather the removeable mag of the styer also as a lot better safety wise
    The latest version of the K1 looks to be pretty good in fastfire mode if the AoA video on youtube is anything to go by. The latest version is GEN 5 and that is the one they reviewed and the one I've used. The youtube video done by Matt comparing the FX Impact with the Huben certainly doesn't use the latest version of the Huben . I'm certainly not claiming that the Huben is better than the FX Impact because I don't think it is. My friend who owns both certainly prefers the FX.
    My basic problem with the Steyr is simply the price. I cannot get my head around an air rifle in current production costing over £2500 when I could buy an Edgun Matador R5M-which to me is the very best bullpup on the market- for about a grand less. OK if you MUST have a semi auto/self indexing rifle then your choice is very limited especially if you are restricted to 12 ft lb.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick View Post
    The latest version of the K1 looks to be pretty good in fastfire mode if the AoA video on youtube is anything to go by. The latest version is GEN 5 and that is the one they reviewed and the one I've used. The youtube video done by Matt comparing the FX Impact with the Huben certainly doesn't use the latest version of the Huben . I'm certainly not claiming that the Huben is better than the FX Impact because I don't think it is. My friend who owns both certainly prefers the FX.
    My basic problem with the Steyr is simply the price. I cannot get my head around an air rifle in current production costing over £2500 when I could buy an Edgun Matador R5M-which to me is the very best bullpup on the market- for about a grand less. OK if you MUST have a semi auto/self indexing rifle then your choice is very limited especially if you are restricted to 12 ft lb.
    Yes I think the Steyr is off the table for me now given the above. Been a useful thread though as it's opened my eyes to the likes of the AGT and Edgun offerings out there. Not a lot available s/h at the moment so I'm contemplating a new Vulcan from my local dealer at the mo.

The fixed mag might be a problem when you have it loaded with 19 x .177cal pellets.most ranges prefer single shot or at least removable mags. But i do like the price compared to the styer. Do they do a 12ftlb version? How many shots per fill in . 177cal in 12ftlb if they do one?
    Last edited by WILBA; 01-07-2020 at 04:02 PM.

The fixed mag might be a problem when you have it loaded with 19 x .177cal pellets.most ranges prefer single shot or at least removable mags. But i do like the price compared to the styer. Do they do a 12ftlb version? How many shots per fill in . 177cal in 12ftlb if they do one?
    Not available in .177 and yes they can be bought at 12ft lbs from Europe
    One shot, one kill. Not luck, just skill.

Quote Originally Posted by aj View Post
    Not available in .177 and yes they can be bought at 12ft lbs from Europe
    Any link to where i can buy the 12ftlb version?. Wonder what the shot count is on a 12ftlb. 22cal version?

Any link to where i can buy the 12ftlb version?. Wonder what the shot count is on a 12ftlb. 22cal version?
    The usual place to start is Airgun Heaven in the Netherlands. Personally I wouldn't even consider a 12 ft lb version and I'd be surprised if anyone does it. Also my information says it is available in .22 and .25 but that may change.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Had loads of dealings with Joost at airgun heaven spot on bloke really good service!!! Have a leshiy 2 on order with him which I am itching to get

The usual place to start is Airgun Heaven in the Netherlands. Personally I wouldn't even consider a 12 ft lb version and I'd be surprised if anyone does it. Also my information says it is available in .22 and .25 but that may change.
    Do you pay duty this end or his end when importing from holland?

Why not concider a 12ftlb version?

No import duty and delivers straight to your door!!!