Thread: FX Cyclone Problems.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I would have thought a supposedly well engineered rifle like the Cyclone would have had a transfer port securing screw, as Ben Taylor seemed to think, as the transfer port part of the barrel is separate from the barrel itself and is only secured to the barrel by friction fit and two 'O' rings. Poor design in my opinion.
    I've made damn sure the two barrel retaining grub screws are nice and tight.
    The other thing I discovered is that the hammer spring adjuster port has a hexagon keyed adjuster inside as well as the slotted outer screw. There are two adjusters listed in the parts list, one for .22 and one for .177, which is what my rifle is, but only one shown on the diagram.

The brass transfer port section should be glued to the barrel.
    One shot, one kill. Not luck, just skill.

Quote Originally Posted by aj View Post
    The brass transfer port section should be glued to the barrel.
    That's the way with all of our FX rifles (got 4 at the moment), never seen one where it's separate

I didn't try to separate the transfer port from the barrel, just lined up the transfer ports and tightened the grub screws before re-joining the two halves of the action, so can't comment on whether the two parts were glued together or not, but it does make sense as the transfer port remained fixed to the barrel when I withdrew it from the action.