Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Evil Bay Venom Scope

Evil Bay Venom Scope

Just noticed someone paid £252 plus postage for a venom 3-9 x 40 scope. That's alot for a rebadged bushmaster. I've brought Leupold, Zeiss and S & B for less. Mach 1.5

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Very true, considering it's just a scope with Venom printed on it, it's not like Venom tuned it or anything.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Just noticed someone paid £252 plus postage for a venom 3-9 x 40 scope. That's alot for a rebadged bushmaster. I've brought Leupold, Zeiss and S & B for less. Mach 1.5
    Did it have a rifle hanging underneath it for that much?!
    Crazy prices now.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Yes I watched it - I have a few of those exact scopes without the Venom logo, ASI superscope was one of its first incarnations.
    "But we have our own dream and our own task. We are with Europe, but not of it. We are linked, but not comprised. We are interested and associated, but not absorbed."
    Winston Churchill 1930

So are people just buying these scopes because it has Venom on it and they want it to go on their Venom rifle or do they honesty think it's been through the hands of Ivan and co?

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    So are people just buying these scopes because it has Venom on it and they want it to go on their Venom rifle or do they honesty think it's been through the hands of Ivan and co?

Pete
    I guess it's just an urge to have a Venom scope on a Venom rifle?

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    I guess it's just an urge to have a Venom scope on a Venom rifle?
    Surely it can't be hard to fake one then.

As long as you don't try to sell one as a Venom item.

Pete

Evil Bay

I also noticed an old HW 3-9 X 40 PA scope going for £242. Crazy. Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post

Pete
    I've got my artist brush out and painted Venum on the side of a Bushnell, wonder if I could get £300 for it on the Auction
    John Darling JD (1946-2004) was my inspiration to be the best i can and enjoy the sport i love. R.I.P
    A dedicated HW80 Fanatic and owner since 1986 to present.

that's a lot to pay for a re badged scope

Quote Originally Posted by jumbuck View Post
    I've got my artist brush out and painted Venum on the side of a Bushnell, wonder if I could get £300 for it on the Auction
    Why bother when you can get a crap Chinese scope with Bushnell written on it the try and flog it on that auction site like lots of others do
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Some of these prices are nuts.

Must this weekend have a dig through the old scope collection.

Quote Originally Posted by jumbuck View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if you did get more than it's worth.

It's almost as if Venom has become a designer label and you know what some people are like for designer labels, I work with a young guy who doesn't bat an eyelid at paying £250 for a T shirt that has a tiny logo on it, because it's designer.

Pete

venom

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    just a few thoughts, it made £252 on site ,but it could have been "run up" quite a common thing on devildog, ive seen several items do imo crazy prices only to see it re-appear several weeks later and it takes no Sherlock to suss due to wording or pictures its the same item and seller. "ITS ALL ABOUT THE DOLLAR" im afraid . mind you, if you've ever been bitten by the cobra then you will very well know it can make your "average joe" gun nut do some very strange things indeed just a word of warning if you see any NOS on devildog of just found in the back of the closed down shop cellar "WENOM" scopes then as shure eggs is eggs "they-no-wite" atb

Reading all this makes me wonder how much my original Havvke scope is worth.
    Answers on a postcard please.