Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Evil Bay Venom Scope

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    Did it have a rifle hanging underneath it for that much?!
    Crazy prices now.
    I paid less than that for a Nikko scope and it did have a rifle hanging underneath - an HW77K Venom Lazaglide. Not from evilbay though.

Quote Originally Posted by Robet View Post
    I paid less than that for a Nikko scope and it did have a rifle hanging underneath - an HW77K Venom Lazaglide. Not from evilbay though.
    When I worked at my local gunshop a chap came in with a Venom 77 Varminter Lazaglide, all engraved by Don, a Lisenfeld scope fitted with an Apel mount and even complete with the Venom sling.
    He’s just paid £80 for it from a local house clearance sale...
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Listen to you all slating the fact the particular scope fetched what it did
    At the end of the day regardless what make it was that has been re branded as a Venom Scope, what you need To remember it is a branded Venom Product, sold through Venom! If you have a Venom Rifle then this is probably the ideal scope to finish off you’re pride and joy! It’s a collectors item regardless how good or bad it is and people will pay premium prices for what they Are if they really want it!!

This ^
    I didn't buy it, and notice too one of my favourite Tasco period scopes in excellent condition is going to make a premium price this week as well.
    Funny the price actually isn't that far off what in real terms and expectations people were paying all those years ago. In 1985 a HW77 would have been the equivalent of say a £750 today's PCP. And then they would top it with a good scope say half the value of the rifle so today a £300 plus scope.

Air Rifle Collecting is a hobby and to many brings great joy. The fun in the chase and acquiring more representative examples. With Venom then they only bought in a few batches of house badged scopes. it makes them rare. They also chose some right odd ones to have which adds to the 'exoticness" of them. In the time these badged scopes were "average" and many would have bought an even better scope to top their custom Venom. But now for someone with several Venom rifles then having one with a Venom badged in the collection adds to the fun and mix.

So sure the premium price doesn't reflect performance. Heck that can be said of a rifle with a spring in it. But acquiring scopes of the period and in excellent condition is actually the hard part if the rifle doesn't come with its original. I've always said finding the rifle is the easy bit, and period rifles should, if the period had them, wear the appropriate scope.

I've decreased my air rifle collection recently. I've kept a few scopes back as finding them again isn't easy, especially nice ones.

To me a Football season ticket would be no joy at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    When I worked at my local gunshop a chap came in with a Venom 77 Varminter Lazaglide, all engraved by Don, a Lisenfeld scope fitted with an Apel mount and even complete with the Venom sling.
    He’s just paid £80 for it from a local house clearance sale...
    Keep your eye out and there's still great buys out there.
    Although the 2003 VCR act did slash the market somewhat.

Venom Scope

Not slating anyone of all. Just stating what price people are paying for certain items. Anyone got a venom 2-7 x 32 pa gloss black for sale!!! Mach 1.5

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Not slating anyone of all. Just stating what price people are paying for certain items. Anyone got a venom 2-7 x 32 pa gloss black for sale!!! Mach 1.5
    Give me a couple of weeks and I'll knock one up for you

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by piggy589 View Post
    Keep your eye out and there's still great buys out there.
    Although the 2003 VCR act did slash the market somewhat.
    Not my thing anymore to be honest, mate. I keep an eye out for interesting items for my collector friends but the vast majority of my vintage stuff has been moved on.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Got one of them on my 77 Varminter, really nice little scope them Paul

Venom Scope

You tease Simmo. Mach 1.5

Just noticed someone paid £252 plus postage for a venom 3-9 x 40 scope. That's alot for a rebadged bushmaster. I've brought Leupold, Zeiss and S & B for less. Mach 1.5
    If you think that’s bad have a look how much Theoben bits are going for. Some blocks are virtually scrap yet are fetching over £400!
    Impact Airguns GSX 200 0.22/0.177 Ben Taylor Smooth Twist
    Theoben Rapid 12 0.20 Tyrolean - HW80 Mk1 VMach 0.22
    HW97K 0.177 Paul Short Stage 4 Titanium Piston