Thread: Diana 52

Diana 52

Hi all,
    Well I wanted a little project gun to tinker with, I have always enjoyed 77s but couldn't find one to sort the itch. A reasonable Diana 52 came along, something that I have never played with. So let's put a TBT kit in for starters...
    I have removed the 210mm square section spring and 1lb piston weight....in with the new spring and guides....a quick chrono showed it was twice what it ought to be....
    Two hours latter I am back to 215mm and 11ftlb, I was warned they could go a little hot, mind it's very nice to shoot now and very easy to cock

I made a 20mm short stroke nose extension for mine just this week. With that and a ropey old TX200 spring it makes 10.5 ft-lb with very little preload. They love making power.

D52

Lovely rifle for tinkering and very addictive.
    Mine had been short stroked years ago and had later trigger fitted.
    Shoots sweet.
    Oh, and yes they can go hot all too easily!
    Diana 52 .22 short stroked
    AA S410.177+Hawke Vantage
    Think outside...no box required

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I love side levers and the 52 is The Daddy!
    To have one in .22 running full-fat is a joy, and the second best choice for self contained FAC air
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    I love side levers and the 52 is The Daddy!
    To have one in .22 running full-fat is a joy, and the second best choice for self contained FAC air
    I've tried to love mine but when I go to the cupboard there are so many other springers that jump out at me more. Short stroking it was a last ditch attempt to gel with it. Think mine it destined for the sales pages

The 52 has been out quite a few years now and personally I think it's a hidden gem within the Diana range. It achieved sales but perhaps not quite as much as Diana has hoped. Though not so bad as to drop it from range as it appears to still be there in the model 48 guise.
    Way more stroke than is ever needed here in the UK so my Firebird model came sprung with a miniscule spring back in the early 90s. Wish I'd bought the .177 model actually. Many tuning houses recognised the power potential of the gun back in the day and most had their versions of it. I think Venom and Robb had 25 ft llbs out of theirs. They can be short stroked I'm sure to something much sweeter to make use of their inherent accuracy.
    I have moved onto the Airking semi recoiless version of this family of guns and use .177 and .25 versions to good effect on the local grey squirrel population. Albeit these guns come with a weight handicap. Still excellent hunting weapons though. The .25 version knocks squirrels into next week whilst the .177 version's accuracy allowed me to confidently take a squirrel with a head shot at a range I wouldn't have thought possible. They do inspire confidence with their accuracy.
    Good luck with your project.
    Dave

I generally prefer Diana breakbarrels and the Mod 50 and it took me a long time to switch on to the 52. Its a physically large and pretty heavy gun for extended field use but it comes into its own when shooting from a hide or wee neuk somewhere or on the range. Build quality and design are top notch and generates pride of ownership- for me at least.
    Mine is .177 , short- stroked in a thumb hole stock so not typical of the type. Its accurate as hell as well. I'm not adverse to the idea of picking up a standard version in future.

C H Weston’s in Brighton have a s/h one. FAC
    It is misadvertised on power, as it makes 20 plus. I know as it was formerly mine !
    Converted by V Mach and polished/ blacked
    Bargain for someone 😉
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34