Thread: Getting an airgun out of New Zealand...

Getting an airgun out of New Zealand...

Hi,

Last December whilst searching on Japanese websites, I found a number of new old stock Sharp airguns at a gunshop.
    A friend in New Zealand who does business with Japan and loves Sharp too, managed to buy them via an agent.
    They were sent to him and passed customs miraculously.
    I have bought three and we are having a hard time to get them out of New Zealand.
    If anyone knows a way...

My last resort would be to fly there when possible again, to visit a few friends and then take the guns back on the plane, as a hunter can take his gun with him.
    This is possible with most airlines. I have checked KLM and BA for instance.
    BA: https://www.britishairways.com/en-de...tions#firearms

But posting is very difficult. I regularly have airguns sent from the USA to Holland or Belgium, without any issues, but since the Christchurch massacre, it seems that New Zealand has blocked all import and export of anything that looks like a gun.
    Something tells me however that it should be possible through a special delivery service, with a bunch of paperwork.
    But I have not found that service yet. We have tried New Zealand Post (parcel was sent back), and I have contacted DHL (not allowed).

Perhaps a forum member from New Zealand could advise me a good gunshop that I could call, to see if they have any advice?

Thank you very much, Louis

Louis.
    What is that in the pic

Quote Originally Posted by b.b View Post
    Louis.
    What is that in the pic
    Hi, that's a Sharp U-SL CO2 gun.

Nice ....

Try

ParcelHero
    Last edited by cinedux; 30-06-2020 at 11:35 PM.

I can probably help here but my problem at present is getting into NZ myself. I should have been there at the beginning of April but something happened, can't remember what. As is I'm hoping to be back in October but that is absolutely in the lap of the gods*. Once there I shall be sending a container back to the UK, usually arriving close to Xmas. Once there I'm all over the place, the swapmeet in Christchurch on October 9th being my primary objective on October trips but I'm buying all the time, remotely. As things stand I have collections to make between Warkworth, an hour north of Auckland, and Timaru with a possibility of Invercargill, depending on how much a man wants to charge me for what he did to amuse himself during lockdown.

*I love the place but don't fancy compulsory lockdown for 2 weeks with attendant expense.

If you're fancying going yourself and google flights you'll soon have OPODO offering you a very good deal. Ignore it - its not too good to be true, they create a spelling mistake at ticket printing time and deny the 24 hour cooling off period. The Tw@s had my trousers down for £260 at the end of last year.

Hope this helps, Mick
    When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns .

Quote Originally Posted by walnutfarmmick View Post
    I can probably help here but my problem at present is getting into NZ myself. I should have been there at the beginning of April but something happened, can't remember what. As is I'm hoping to be back in October but that is absolutely in the lap of the gods*. Once there I shall be sending a container back to the UK, usually arriving close to Xmas. Once there I'm all over the place, the swapmeet in Christchurch on October 9th being my primary objective on October trips but I'm buying all the time, remotely. As things stand I have collections to make between Warkworth, an hour north of Auckland, and Timaru with a possibility of Invercargill, depending on how much a man wants to charge me for what he did to amuse himself during lockdown.

*I love the place but don't fancy compulsory lockdown for 2 weeks with attendant expense.

If you're fancying going yourself and google flights you'll soon have OPODO offering you a very good deal. Ignore it - its not too good to be true, they create a spelling mistake at ticket printing time and deny the 24 hour cooling off period. The Tw@s had my trousers down for £260 at the end of last year.

Hope this helps, Mick
    Hello Mick,
    Thank you very much.
    Excuse me for my late reply. I have just finished moving house for the fourth time in a year. If only I could be happy with just one or two airguns...
    That sounds like a great option, if you would have space for the Sharp airguns in your container. They are near Christchurch.
    I will send you a pm.
    Kind regards, Louis

Quote Originally Posted by cinedux View Post
    ParcelHero
    Thank you Trev, I will look into that.