Thread: Bipod on a Wolverine

Bipod on a Wolverine

I've got a Daystate Wolverine R with the carbon bottle. I'd like to fit a bipod stud but there is very little wood at the front end and I'm not overly endeared to the idea of a clamp on the bottle.

Has anyone here fitted a stud to one, what did you do and have you had any problems?

Thanks
    Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're probably right.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavlar View Post
    I've got a Daystate Wolverine R with the carbon bottle. I'd like to fit a bipod stud but there is very little wood at the front end and I'm not overly endeared to the idea of a clamp on the bottle.

Has anyone here fitted a stud to one, what did you do and have you had any problems?

Thanks
    As with air ranger , Stock is very similar, I bought a replacement tactical stock only as I didn't want to drill the walnut one, But basically where the shoulder of the bottle fits in the stock there is a piece carved out, There was enough depth for me then to drill the other side which is the underneath of the stock, First I used used a 2mm drill then behind with a 4mm Well actually it measured 3.98mm, Think the threads of the stud was 5.5mm , I did have to clear the hole drilled a little by gently drilling in and out a little, Measure the threads first on the stud as I've seen some different sizes, Daystate was selling some cheap stocks , walnut and tactical but I think they were for the wolf and rangers, Before fitting stud I put a couple of drops of oil in each hole, Now I have a sling fitted and it's made my life a lit easier with it, Taken me 8 years mind,

Thanks for that.

Daystate aren't currently selling spare stocks for this particular gun, though I know they do occasionally sell surplus or lesser grade items. I'd certainly be happier drilling a cheaper stock! There is just a little more wood at the shoulder of the bottle and in front of the fill port, I'll give it a go, whats the worst that could happen ��

Thanks for that.

Daystate aren't currently selling spare stocks for this particular gun, though I know they do occasionally sell surplus or lesser grade items. I'd certainly be happier drilling a cheaper stock! There is just a little more wood at the shoulder of the bottle and in front of the fill port, I'll give it a go, whats the worst that could happen ��
    Yes I've done it quite a few times but it's still breath stopping , Hey get a bit of old 3x2 or timber and have a couple of attempts untill your happy with it, The studs can be a bugger to get them to first screw in the stock, Use a bit of old wood even if it's to see how the hole size works out with the stud,

Just had a proper measure up. The fill port is scalloped on the underside of the stock. This leaves only about 7 mm in front of where the scalloping ends where there is enough wood to screw a stud in to. This would mean the stud itself would be pretty much flush with the scalloped part which would leave the stud fixing very weak and have the rear half of the pads of the bipod resting in thin air.

I think I'll just live with it! Thanks anyway.

Just had a proper measure up. The fill port is scalloped on the underside of the stock. This leaves only about 7 mm in front of where the scalloping ends where there is enough wood to screw a stud in to. This would mean the stud itself would be pretty much flush with the scalloped part which would leave the stud fixing very weak and have the rear half of the pads of the bipod resting in thin air.

I think I'll just live with it! Thanks anyway.
    Hey I lived with mine for 8 years , But no dont rush bud, Sure you'll sort something out, I was thinking of a counter sunk bolt from the top , Have a look around , There must be something different out there,

Apart from the position chosen having enough timber for a screw - think about where it's going to be on relation to your leading hand when you aren't using your bipod.
    Mine is dead uncomfy.
    Dance like no one is watching.
    Sing like no one can hear.
    Scratch yourself like you think the zoom meeting has ended.