Thread: Recommend a decent budget break barrel?

Question Recommend a decent budget break barrel?

I'm very much out of the loop with air rifles, so can anyone recommend a decent quality second hand break barrel springer with open sights for short range vermin control? I don't need anything fancy, just a basic accurate springer that hasn't been modded or fiddled with.
    Ideally around £100, though I could stretch a bit further for something worthwhile.
    Thanks.

Hi there, for the money I would look at an smk xs19 or a Remington pest controller which are the same rifle or a hatsan 900x breaker, all 3 are amazing value at around The £100 mark new and will do the job you have in mind and more if you want to put a scope on top...

If you could up your budget by around £50, a second hand HW99 would be worth considering. Also, a used HW30 out to about 20yds for vermin control.

Quote Originally Posted by elewis411 View Post
    Hi there, for the money I would look at an smk xs19 or a Remington pest controller which are the same rifle or a hatsan 900x breaker, all 3 are amazing value at around The £100 mark new and will do the job you have in mind and more if you want to put a scope on top...
    I'd second these choices, the weak area is the trigger on all three. A forth choice would be a Remington Express which has a hw copy trigger, but not sure if they fit in the £100 budget.

I’d say Remington express or Hatsan 55/60 .

Thanks all for the replies.
    I don't know those SMK, Hatsan or Remington rifles so will do some research. I do like the sound of an HW though as I've had a few of the larger ones years ago.