Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is your favourite type of controversial thread

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    translate this and read the results . https://www.diana-airguns.de/fileadm...gel/wm1016.pdf

https://www.google.com/search?q=tran...hrome&ie=UTF-8

from the pictures text

pic 2
    The metal components for Diana products are manufactured in Gabrovo, Bulgaria by Gabinvest EOOD.
    pic3
    The assembly takes place in Ense, Sauerland, the headquarters of German Sport Guns

I think covers the cheap Diana's other than the rebadged Chinese ones.
    That article was 4 years ago, has production changed since then ? I don't think Diana would be in any rush to tell us.
    Hw77+7

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    The trouble with controversial threads of the type you have mentioned is that there is often not a "correct" answer, but it's down to personal preference or taste - or lack of it if your on the other side of the debate

I don't mind the discussion - until the other people start telling you your wrong just because they are not articulate enough to provide a convincingly suitable and persuasive argument for their point of view, then I just switch off because they are clearly morons or trying to get a rise out of me.

(cough, cough - only the devil uses .22 - cough)

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

I like the ones where ordinary decent people point out that those who keep dogs as pets and think the dog “loves” them actually have a problem relating to their fellow humans, and are basically psychopaths

And then all the doggy lovers go ape shoot

Leather v synthetic seals.

I'll get me coat

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by wobbly bob View Post
    I like the ones where ordinary decent people point out that those who keep dogs as pets and think the dog “loves” them actually have a problem relating to their fellow humans, and are basically psychopaths

And then all the doggy lovers go ape shoot
    And cat shooting threads.

Basically “I love cats and people who shoot them are vile” (me) against “you shouldn’t shoot them but actually cats are evil and I hate them”.

I don't controversy, spud guns are cruelty to spuds
    John Darling JD (1946-2004) was my inspiration to be the best i can and enjoy the sport i love. R.I.P
    A dedicated HW80 Fanatic and owner since 1986 to present.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesim1 View Post
    The trouble with controversial threads of the type you have mentioned is that there is often not a "correct" answer, but it's down to personal preference or taste - or lack of it if your on the other side of the debate

I don't mind the discussion - until the other people start telling you your wrong just because they are not articulate enough to provide a convincingly suitable and persuasive argument for their point of view, then I just switch off because they are clearly morons or trying to get a rise out of me.

(cough, cough - only the devil uses .22 - cough)

James
    If you show proof of your statements then that should stop the arguing but to some they don't want to believe it and keep saying the proof is not real when there is loads of proof to say it is real.

I guess some don't like the truth or just like to think they are right even when the facts tell them they are wrong .

if I can be proved wrong I accept it and move on .

Born Again is offline Owns three Roy orbison albums
    American controlled root radius, not a new invention, just a re-hash of the Whitworth thread form.

Typical.

They'll be telling us they captured the Enigma encoder next.

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    If you show proof of your statements then that should stop the arguing but to some they don't want to believe it and keep saying the proof is not real when there is loads of proof to say it is real.

I guess some don't like the truth or just like to think they are right even when the facts tell them they are wrong .

Just wondering what you make of Diana's latest web site where they state what guns are made in Germany, what guns are assembled in Germany and what guns are designed in Germany, would that come under trade description law if it was wrong.

Barry, as much as I like my Diana's, I think many manufacturers these days don't mind inserting their German connection to capitalise on it, (the word Germany appears under each of those pics) but then it's down to the reader's literary skills to see through each printed assertion for what it really is. It's a sad fact of modern life.

Germanic sounding names on what are obviously Far Eastern manufactured tools spring to mind. Cheap scopes with German names are another.....and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesim1 View Post
    Very well said James
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Quote Originally Posted by jumbuck View Post
    I don't controversy, spud guns are cruelty to spuds
    In this hot weather my spuds are sweaty.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

I ike the ones that start off with somebody asking gun advice in a set price range and somebody offers a more expensive option like an FX or Daystate
    Then the FX or Daystate gets slandered and it devolves into a riotous pisstake of calibre and my gun is better than yours

Sometimes (but not often) the trolls stay out of it and those are the best threads with no malice or insults

My favourite piece of advice is when somebody is told to save more money for a better gun,, that's just cruel,,
    its good advice mind but Id imagine it might be pretty crushing for somebody who has saved hard for a gun they like

The Internet snipers who take bunnies and pigeon out at ridiculously long ranges then when someone asks them to meet up to back up their claims or to try target sport like hft they hit the roof

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom

Flat Earthers - come on -

Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired