Thread: I finally got to work on the TX

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I finally got to work on the TX

I've fancied having a bit of a change with the TX for a while now so, a few months ago I ordered a red Aussie seal, a Williams peep sight and a 3d printed front post sight thingy that I saw on e bay.

I've fitted a set of Nicks (TinBum) guides and short stroke extension inside with the new seal - it gave the results that I was expecting: 1 click on the ABT and a nice quick shot cycle.

I've never used a Williams peep sight before but, I'm impressed with the quality and, I like how simple it is to look through and aim.

The front sight is fairly decent for the price - it's a firm fit without tightening up the grub screw underneath.
    Time will tell how well it lasts - I'd happily pay upto £40ish for one made from ally with a bit of fibre optic

Now, I just need to get around to zeroing it all in - I'm hoping that I can keep the Williams sight where it is without having to adjust it too low because this will give me issues with the cheek piece on the stock.
    Also, if I have to move the rear sight forward, I lose a bit of what I can see.
    If need be, I've got a bit of orange sight fibre optic that a friend gave me that I can experiment with on the top of the front sight to help bring the nose down a little but, I'm going to wait and see how it goes before I break out the dremel.

The set up feels nice to shoulder - I didn't have a huge scope on there anyway but, I can feel the weight difference.

Once all the current madness is over, I'm rather looking forward to trying this on the HFT course

Last edited by Jonjon79; 28-06-2020 at 01:52 PM.

All of the above.