Thread: I finally got to work on the TX

I finally got to work on the TX

I've fancied having a bit of a change with the TX for a while now so, a few months ago I ordered a red Aussie seal, a Williams peep sight and a 3d printed front post sight thingy that I saw on e bay.

I've fitted a set of Nicks (TinBum) guides and short stroke extension inside with the new seal - it gave the results that I was expecting: 1 click on the ABT and a nice quick shot cycle.

I've never used a Williams peep sight before but, I'm impressed with the quality and, I like how simple it is to look through and aim.

The front sight is fairly decent for the price - it's a firm fit without tightening up the grub screw underneath.
    Time will tell how well it lasts - I'd happily pay upto £40ish for one made from ally with a bit of fibre optic

Now, I just need to get around to zeroing it all in - I'm hoping that I can keep the Williams sight where it is without having to adjust it too low because this will give me issues with the cheek piece on the stock.
    Also, if I have to move the rear sight forward, I lose a bit of what I can see.
    If need be, I've got a bit of orange sight fibre optic that a friend gave me that I can experiment with on the top of the front sight to help bring the nose down a little but, I'm going to wait and see how it goes before I break out the dremel.

The set up feels nice to shoulder - I didn't have a huge scope on there anyway but, I can feel the weight difference.

Once all the current madness is over, I'm rather looking forward to trying this on the HFT course

Last edited by Jonjon79; 28-06-2020 at 01:52 PM.

All of the above.

Nice.

The Williams/Beeman sports peep sights really are a nice piece of kit and great workmanship. I well rate them.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Nice.

The Williams/Beeman sports peep sights really are a nice piece of kit and great workmanship. I well rate them.

ATB
    Ian
    Yes, I like it - I'm just hoping it works out ok for me 🤞

All of the above.

Very nice!

And I most definitely want one of those Williams peeps on one of my HWs one day.

Hope the testing goes well.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Nice. I have seen these on the bay, and actually looks much better in your pics... I am tempted to give it a go.

What model is the peep sight please?

Thanks,

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Very nice!

And I most definitely want one of those Williams peeps on one of my HWs one day.

Hope the testing goes well.
    Cheers Tony 👍

I'll post up the results when I get the chance to test it out

All of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by TRS1 View Post
    Nice. I have seen these on the bay, and actually looks much better in your pics... I am tempted to give it a go.

What model is the peep sight please?

Thanks,

Tim
    Hi Tim,

It's the William's 5D-AG sight - I bought it from a seller called Alchemy Air Werks in Leesburg Georgia.

Without me asking, he declared a lower value on the packaging so that I didn't have to pay any extra when it arrived in the UK. Also, considering that I ordered while were in lockdown, it arrived within 3 weeks 👍

I'm impressed with it - it's a well made little thing.

All of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonjon79 View Post
    Hi Tim,

It's the William's 5D-AG sight - I bought it from a seller called Alchemy Air Werks in Leesburg Georgia.

Without me asking, he declared a lower value on the packaging so that I didn't have to pay any extra when it arrived in the UK. Also, considering that I ordered while were in lockdown, it arrived within 3 weeks 👍

I'm impressed with it - it's a well made little thing.
    Thanks Jon,

That will be the same one that I have taken a punt on a few days ago then, and should be on its way to me! I got a bit befuddled looking at the different Williams sights to be honest, and they are not that easy to get hold of it seems.

I have ordered one of those front sights as well - worth a punt for the price.

I have a full length .22 TX that had the full wonky donky works a few years ago, is not currently scoped, and doesn't get the use it deserves, so hopefully this will work out and be a bit of fun!

All the best, Tim

Looking good mate, hope your all doing OK.

Mark.

Quote Originally Posted by TRS1 View Post
    Thanks Jon,

That will be the same one that I have taken a punt on a few days ago then, and should be on its way to me! I got a bit befuddled looking at the different Williams sights to be honest, and they are not that easy to get hold of it seems.

I have ordered one of those front sights as well - worth a punt for the price.

I have a full length .22 TX that had the full wonky donky works a few years ago, is not currently scoped, and doesn't get the use it deserves, so hopefully this will work out and be a bit of fun!

All the best, Tim
    Nice
    You'll have to put up and update when it's done 👍

I found it hard work trying to get one in the UK - I think it was the Brownells website that I kept getting lost on. They seem to list every single part that William's make.

All of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by markyboy View Post
    Looking good mate, hope your all doing OK.

Mark.
    Cheers mate 👍

Yes, we're all good - I hope you and yours have managed to avoid all the madness of the last couple of months.

We'll have to pop out again at some point 👍

All of the above.

looks very nice jon bud enjoy it

Quote Originally Posted by rapidresponse1 View Post
    looks very nice jon bud enjoy it
    It's a shame you don't live closer mate - I reckon you could do with a good plinking session and a cuppa 👍

All of the above.

I would love that jon mate if I was closer to you,stay safe bud