Hello All,
I'm new to the forum and to air guns, other than having a very poor Diana SP50 back in the day.
After rebuilding a MK4 Meteor for a friend (bags of power but still has a very heavy trigger) I've had my interest well and truly tweaked and I've taken the plunge and bought an Original 35 0.177" from a dealer, which I should get my hands on in the next day or two.
I would be grateful for any opinions and advice.
Apparently the rifle has was used for bell target shooting and is putting out just below 7lbs/ft. I'm not hungry for power but will be servicing the gun and fitting a new spring, piston and breach seal. I will use a standard spring, but is it worth fitting a PTFE piston seal or should I stick with leather (the gun is 1978 and I'm assuming it's a leather seal and guessing it may need replacing)? I'm guessing the power should then be around 8-10lb/ft? Any advice on pellet choice would also be gratefully received.
Now bearing in mind I have only seen a few blurry pictures of the gun and had a brief discussion with the dealer I understand the stock has a few dents and marks etc., commensurate with its age. The question is, if it's bad should I refinish the stock or give it a clean and a wax and use as is? Will this sort of refinishing add or detract to the appeal of the gun?
Thanks in advance for your advice,
Cheers,
Mark