Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Original 35

The 35 is a really nice rifle. Good size, excellent handling, very accurate and smooth. IMHO these older Dianas are generally underrated, especially here in the US.

The mainspring and piston seal in the guns are of absolute top quality. Unless the seal has been abused it may well be just fine with some fresh lube as already described.

I would also mention that the screw which secures the piston seal, is secured with a tiny blind pin across the front of the piston. Removing it requires turning the screw with enough force to shear the pin. You get the impression that the makers intended the seal to last the life of the gun.

The trigger is not too hard to remove IMHO, BUT you need to study up how it works first for sure! And use a spring compressor for control, otherwise you can end up dealing with some high-speed small parts.

Quote Originally Posted by in the shed View Post
    I've taken the plunge and bought an Original 35 0.177" from a dealer, which I should get my hands on in the next day or two.
    The comments and suggestions to my post have been spot on. I picked the gun up yesterday. I'm very pleased with it. Externally it's a bit tired with worn bluing and scratches etc. on the stock. It looks a like it has had a recent service and shoots really well. I'm not an experienced air-gunner but to me the trigger is as good as a HW100 I've shot on a few occasions.
    I think for the next few weeks I'm going to shoot it as much as possible to get a real feel for the gun and then think about the best way forward with refinishing the stock and the bluing. Is cold bluing worth while, I've seen so many mixed feelings on it? Any advice would once again be appreciated. When I've fathomed out how to post a picture I will.
    Thanks for all the help,
    Mark

Hopefully you may be able to help!

I have been given an Original 35 without a trigger unit to fix for a friend having been refused by a gun shop!

I managed to get a trigger unit but when I tried to fit it the pin is blocked from sliding through by a spring in the main body. Any ideas ?

Everything else is in place but may have been tinkered with considering the trigger was missing, nothing on you tube seems to explain this issue. The gun breaks but without the trigger unit does not hold the cocking action.

trigger units are a funny/fiddely unit
    if i recall theres 3 ball bearings,the tube bit that they sit on and the spring guide have to be locked in place,then unlocked when its all in place...i just cant recall the setup.
    ive a dianna 35,same gun,that needs it trigger unit put back in as in pinched the odd bit for my original

Trigger unit on the bay for £20 + postage if that helps

Ordinal 35

Any idea how the spring should look internally to allow the pin to be fitted to hold the trigger

Quote Originally Posted by surreyshooter View Post
    Any idea how the spring should look internally to allow the pin to be fitted to hold the trigger
    Hi, hopefully the link here might be help: https://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2019...ana-35-part-4/

Cheers,
    Mark

Thank you that was helpful.

As suspected the tinkering has included taking it apart putting the trigger guide upside down and losing the 3 bearings.

Waiting for the 3 bearings I oredered today then back together...... hopefully.

I have already stripped the stock of varnish and refinished with 5 coats of boiled linseed oil so far so hopefully it should work and look a lot better.

Thank you that was helpful.

As suspected the tinkering has included taking it apart putting the trigger guide upside down and losing the 3 bearings.

Waiting for the 3 bearings I oredered today then back together...... hopefully.

I have already stripped the stock of varnish and refinished with 5 coats of boiled linseed oil so far so hopefully it should work and look a lot better.
    bearings are actually the same size as push bike wheel bearings

Well ..

I have managed to strip down the Original 35 replace the trigger completely as it was missing , Sri’p the stock of varnish and refinish with boiled linseed oil and today it’s fully working and finished. Thanks for advice and where to get info.

Best advice “ grease your balls” .

On the trigger it had 3 ball bearings which I had to replace as missing due to tinkering and would never had got it together without that tip.

Might need to invest in a main spring clamp as that was also tricky.

great little rifles the 35s

Best advice “ grease your balls” .

I always grease mine when working on a trigger unit.

I find Vaseline to be the most sticky.

Don't listen to that misguided advice to use 'Tune in a bloody tube' stuff. IMO it is a shoddy, expedient, commercial means to an end. The man is fixated on the stuff
    If you want crap being attracted to the internals of your air rifle, use grease.
    Try graphite powder dusted lightly and or sleeving, top hats etc.
    Last edited by slow_runner; 13-07-2020 at 03:05 PM.