Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heads Up - Scope Deals

Quote Originally Posted by Dai.T View Post
    Has anyone tried to reparallax one yet and with any success? The 3-9x40 with the BDC could make a good little HFT scope if it could be reparallaxed.
    Cheeers
    Dave
    It's an old thread I know but today I bit the bullet and gave it a go. The trim ring on one of my 2-7's was hand tight and when adjusted outwards it brings the lens carrier with it, the other 2-7 needed a couple of baby boas and again the trim ring brings the carrier with it.

About a full turn and a bit provides focus/parallax at about fifty yards, I'll have a play with the other 2-7, 3-9, and 4-12 later this week.

My 3-9×40 did the same. Have not tried to free the locking ring from the lens carrier, have you Portly?
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Quote Originally Posted by maximus View Post
    My 3-9×40 did the same. Have not tried to free the locking ring from the lens carrier, have you Portly?
    No mate, I was thankful that the carrier stayed attached to the external ring to be honest as it means that I don't need to go anywhere near the lens with something which might cause damage. I think that when I do the second 2-7 @ 25/30 yds I might end up with a gap of a mm or so on each scope which I will fill with an O ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Portzy View Post
    No mate, I was thankful that the carrier stayed attached to the external ring to be honest as it means that I don't need to go anywhere near the lens with something which might cause damage. I think that when I do the second 2-7 @ 25/30 yds I might end up with a gap of a mm or so on each scope which I will fill with an O ring.
    A wrap of electrical tape secures the front carrier in these situations.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    A wrap of electrical tape secures the front carrier in these situations.
    but a nipped up o-ring is more stable.. the tape is a good finisher though, with a flip up lens cap to "cap" it off

This is how I (and many others) reparallax the Bushnell 3200 10x40s
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.