Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has anyone experience of solid copper heads ?

Quote Originally Posted by amc577 View Post
    I do not understand why solid copper bullets would be more of a problem than fmj. What are the reasons for the restrictions? Copper in the soil would be less dangerous than lead...?

amc577
    Does lead not come from the soil. Ashes to Ashes and all that!

Strange for an MOD range to be fussy about ammo used? what with their armour piercing & incendiary stuff.
    Pistol & Rifle Shooting in the Highlands with Strathpeffer Rifle & Pistol Club. <StrathRPC at yahoo.com> or google it.
    No longer Pumpin Oil but still Passin Gas!

Solid copper bullets

I have received a response from the NRA ... it is considered that a solid copper alloy bullet is more likely to exit the danger area than a lead or fmj bullet.. however, the NRA have no published data to confirm this consideration...thus the ban on the use of the solid bullet. You know it makes sense...

amc577

Born Again is offline Owns three Roy orbison albums
    Quote Originally Posted by 223AI View Post
    Lots and lots of products already on the market, Barnes, fox, GS custom, Hornady, Nosler people will but what they know works or is recommended so if it’s a business venture may not be worth the effort
    Those products are expensive and as I have all the necessary equipment I have little to lose by trying, if ranges will allow them. I suppose I could get someone abroad to try them for me, feedback and testing in return for free ammo, in anticipation of a UK lead ban or change of range rules, or maybe just produce expanding non-toxic for the deer stalkers.

Who knows, all pie-in-the-sky hobby ideas at present.