Thread: BSA Ultra Multishot magazine 2008 Help!

BSA Ultra Multishot magazine 2008 Help!

Team! I purchased a new BSA Ultra Multishot in 2008 and has been working fine - however the magazine loader has now given up the ghost...
    I purchased a new loader however now built of plastic...and is completely unfit for purpose on my year gun...

Does anyone own a spare metal made magazine for the same year gun? or is it going to be a new gun?
    Thankyou to Dan @ www.gr8fun.net who i bumped into and put me into here with fellow gunners...

Any help or advice welcomed!
    Thankyou
    Pete.

Is your ultra one that cocks via the mmc action in front of the stock or bolt action at the rear?
    I have a hornet and an older scorpion that have the older magazines that are indexed via a pin linked to the trigger mech , I think if yours is the same then the new magazine may be blocked by the pin in from slotting into the mag housing. I do have a few modern magazines that have a cut away so they sit over the pin.

I bought three of the new self indexing plastic mags for my FAC Hornet a few years back because the indexing system and the original mags were unreliable. When I had the gun serviced by JB a couple of years ago he took out the indexing pin and the new mags work perfectly, I’ve never had one not index since I changed over.

Norm

Actually come to think of it, I’ve still got one or possibly two of the old metal magazines. I’ll see if I can find them.

If I can you’re more than welcome to them

I can’t remember when I got my Hornet, but it must be at least 10-12 years old so the metal ones may well be compatible with your gun.

Norm

Pete,

I’ve found the two magazines , just a thought, you didn’t mention caliber, mine are the manly 0.22

They’re yours if they are any good to you, PM me your address and I’ll get them in the post to you

The one on the left is the one that came with the gun with the pellet retaining ‘O’ ring off centre, the other one is a slightly later metal one where they moved the ‘O’ ring to the centre of the holder.

Norm

Funny enough norm I have my hornet in pieces and have just taken out the indexing pin so I can use the newer style mags, very easy to remove too

Quote Originally Posted by scoie View Post
    Funny enough norm I have my hornet in pieces and have just taken out the indexing pin so I can use the newer style mags, very easy to remove too
    Yes, JB said they were easy to do, a much better system than the original one.

I haven’t heard from our new member Pete to say if he wants these magazines ? Maybe I’ll pm him

Norm

Took the index pin out of an MMC Hornet last week so I could use the modern BSA mags in it. Just undo with a small flat blade screw driver.