Thread: HW77K custom stock question

HW77K custom stock question

Hi guys,

New to the forum - rediscovered the old 77k during the lockdown. It has an aftermarket stock fitted, i think its a 'custom stock' item circa 1998.
    I have noticed the action is slightly rotated to 1 side when it is bolted in, i.e) not sitting square - this causes the underlever to slightly rub against the wood during the cocking action.
    Has anyone else encountered a similar issue?
    Cheers guys,
    Rob.

Smile

Hi Rob,
    If the stocks been off the action for a long time it could warp a bit, or a lot if it gets damp or hot.
    The fore tips are the most susceptible being the thinest, if you can still get the bolts in without forcing it to much its probably somewhere near.
    I've put a little washer between the stock and the action as a quick fix in the past.
    If it's not catching too much someone that knows what there doing can probably sort it out, hopefully you
    It's just what wood does especially if it's not seasoned properly
    Good luck with it mate Martin

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Moss74 View Post
    Hi Rob,
    If the stocks been off the action for a long time it could warp a bit, or a lot if it gets damp or hot.
    The fore tips are the most susceptible being the thinest, if you can still get the bolts in without forcing it to much its probably somewhere near.
    I've put a little washer between the stock and the action as a quick fix in the past.
    If it's not catching too much someone that knows what there doing can probably sort it out, hopefully you
    Cheers Martin,
    I like the idea of a washer or some thin spacer.

Quote Originally Posted by Moss74 View Post
    Hi Rob,
    Interesting, I saw a HW77 stock on that auction site recently with really warped ends. Did wonder how it happened?? Now I know.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)