Thread: Slinging a bullpup?

Slinging a bullpup?

Still sniffing for a s/h Vulcan but have bitten the bullet and asked my local dealer for a price on a new one so I'm looking at bits and bobs needed to get up and running with one.

I'm going to try out either my PARD 008LRF on it (currently sat on my buckmark) or a MTC connect optics wise. Many folk reckon the shrouded barrel doesn't need an additional mod so that should be fine.

But... How do people sling these stubby little buggers for field use? Normally I have a leather cobra-style sling either on a QD stud or clip-through on the harris bipod, but not sure that would work very well on something like a Vulcan.

I had a short neoprene sling on the buckmark in the usual front/rear stud configuration, but to be honest its a bit crap and only really get away with it as the gun is so lightweight.

Quick google has all sorts of suggestions from single point to three point etc, but looking for some real world experience rather than an american nutter on youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie View Post
    Still sniffing for a s/h Vulcan but have bitten the bullet and asked my local dealer for a price on a new one so I'm looking at bits and bobs needed to get up and running with one.

I'm going to try out either my PARD 008LRF on it (currently sat on my buckmark) or a MTC connect optics wise. Many folk reckon the shrouded barrel doesn't need an additional mod so that should be fine.

But... How do people sling these stubby little buggers for field use? Normally I have a leather cobra-style sling either on a QD stud or clip-through on the harris bipod, but not sure that would work very well on something like a Vulcan.

I had a short neoprene sling on the buckmark in the usual front/rear stud configuration, but to be honest its a bit crap and only really get away with it as the gun is so lightweight.

Quick google has all sorts of suggestions from single point to three point etc, but looking for some real world experience rather than an american nutter on youtube
    Hi,

I'm using a magpul ms4 gen 2 sling that does single and double point on my rifle. Works well as I have a sling swivel on the scope rail and one on the back end of the stock.

Good luck.

Pete

JB3D do some bottle clamps that have 3 picatinny rails, I have one on my Artemis P15, for a bipod. If JB3D have the correct diameter, you could try that, and either mount a sling on that or buy one of JS Ramsbottom's Walther bipods with a removable rail on each side. You just need to sort a fixing at the stock end, perhaps borrow a dog lead and try that, might give you some food for thought...... I had an AGT Vulcan

Viper 3 point sling (or similar), carry it across the chest (like an SA80) at rest, press the clip & it comes across to the shoulder, let go & it hangs to your side like a single point.
    Comes with a selection of webbing/velcro straps which can be used if you don't want to drill/fit studs.
    Last edited by angrybear; 02-07-2020 at 09:01 AM.

Thanks gents - forgot to mention in my OP, where will I need/what type of sling studs/loops are needed for each solution?

Gun will have a wood stock so not keen in drilling a mount into the side of it for example, but a lower stud or spacer behind the butt pad would be more palatable...

Also seen some weaver-mounted studs but not sure how these all hang together.

Cheers, Dan

I have used a Tactical Tailor 2 point sling for a few years now on most of my bullpups (including the Vulcan2 I had), but recently purchased a Blackhawk Storm XT single point sling and adaptor for my Uragan as the usual positioning of studs for the 2 point set up wasn't an option with the Uragan. I really like the fact I can quickly unclip the rifle from the sling if I need to go prone.
    One shot, one kill. Not luck, just skill.

aj, which adapter did you buy for the sling? I've found three so don't want to guess wrong.....
    And where did you buy the sling from?

TIA

Quote Originally Posted by Snapshot View Post
    aj, which adapter did you buy for the sling? I've found three so don't want to guess wrong.....
    And where did you buy the sling from?

TIA
    These are the two items I bought (from this website and
    delivery was only the standard option but was very quick).

https://www.tactical-kit.co.uk/black...s16-1807-p.asp

https://www.tactical-kit.co.uk/black...0bk-2192-p.asp
    One shot, one kill. Not luck, just skill.

Thanks for the fast response. That does seem to be the only Blackhawk supplier in the UK. I'd got the sling right and thought it would be that adapter but it's good to have it confirmed. I'll be ordering soon.