Thread: mk4 hills pump/leak

mk4 hills pump/leak

when the pump is pressurised it leaking where bleed screw it,i've taken the bleed screw & housing out & cleaned the parts, put it back together & it's still leaking, any idea's anyone.

Does it have a o ring in bleed screw housing , if so might be worth checking to see if its damaged or worn out.

Help seal threads with ptfe (liquid or tape) the actual bleed is probably brass, if they get over tightened it can bugger-up the face.

I find with mine I have to screw it in quite hard (with my fingers not tools!) before it seals and I can fill it. Is it in nice and tight?
    Rich.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    I find with mine I have to screw it in quite hard (with my fingers not tools!) before it seals and I can fill it. Is it in nice and tight?
    Rich.
    as tight as i can get it,'ve had a GREAT RESULT,i emailed www.airriflepump.com through there messaging service
    i explained where it's leaking & they are going to send out the replacement parts to fix it.
    i thought the pump was a hills mk4 pump with dry pack,it's a mk3 with dry pack
    i've had it from new, not used it much at all,i got it out because my 7L & 3L bottles are both out of test
    GREAT AFTERSALE'S
    Last edited by tapps; 03-07-2020 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tapps View Post
    as tight as i can get it,'ve had a GREAT RESULT,i emailed www.airriflepump.com through there messaging service
    i explained where it's leaking & they are going to send out the replacement parts to fix it........
    GREAT AFTERSALE'S
    That's why I bought one after my bottle went out of test and my FX pump died. A British company that supports its products with seals kits etc.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)