Quote Originally Posted by 400yrds View Post
Think GAT was the name? They came with darts and pellets, however back in the day even though they could be legally sold in northern Ireland as they were under the power threshold the the holder needed an face to hold the pellets. Back then you needed an fac to buy airgun pellets and the RFD had to account for each one! All the RFD had to do was remove the pellets from the GAT gun pack to make it legal to sell. Some silly rules back in the day 😂
Yes i suppose we were environmentlalists then with our lead free pellets, wonder if JSB have ever though of making a potato pellet, grew up in Belfast and as you say lots of controls for airguns, but most Sunday news papers carried adverts for airguns on the back pages so just a matter of having it posted over from England, I had a little Diana/Milbro rifle which had a smooth bore brass barrel with a bead foresight, slugs pellets and darts where all obtained from the local pawnshop, i must have been around nine in the late fifties and could just about see over the pawnshop counter when making my order, but never had a problem, very different times.