Ultrasonic cleaner

What’s everyone’s secret formula.

maplins sea clean

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    25% white vinegar
    God rest ye jelly mental men

ultrasonic cleaner

Hi.

I think these machines are great but please be aware of coatings on the item to be cleaned. I used a recommended measure of Maplins seaclean on my Ruger mags and it stripped off all the black coating. A lesson learnt.

Now a quick squirt of washing liquid is all anything gets. Was told it helps to break down the surface tension as well as any oils, had no reason to disbelieve it and works well.

Regards.

James

Quote Originally Posted by jamesg View Post
    Hi.

I think these machines are great but please be aware of coatings on the item to be cleaned. I used a recommended measure of Maplins seaclean on my Ruger mags and it stripped off all the black coating. A lesson learnt.

Now a quick squirt of washing liquid is all anything gets. Was told it helps to break down the surface tension as well as any oils, had no reason to disbelieve it and works well.

Regards.

James
    i put my stainless steel bp cylinder and works perfect.
    as you say too much sea clean can also make brass pink

I follow the routine from 6mmbr (citric acid, rinse in water then Birchwood casey and rinse in water) and it works perfectly, but takes a little time.

When I'm in a hurry I just run them through the US cleaner with rain water from the water butt and it gets them clean enough to reload but not very shinny.

If I have a lot of cases to do they go in a tied up pillow case and get chucked in the washing machine with all the dark coloured clothes.

I wonder if Barkeepers friend might work well. The UK formulation (different from the US) is 5% oxalic acid - and the rest is citric acid.

Quote Originally Posted by baldycoot View Post
    If I have a lot of cases to do they go in a tied up pillow case and get chucked in the washing machine with all the dark coloured clothes.
    Quality! Badge of honour to you - and i hope you don't get too dented when your nearest and dearest finds out.

Quote Originally Posted by 1873 View Post
    Quality! Badge of honour to you - and i hope you don't get too dented when your nearest and dearest finds out.
    Lol.
    Probably done it a handful of times and never had a complaint yet.
    They don't seem to get dented if double tye them.

The secret

My secret former is citric acid used to descale kettles then rinsed in water and then neutralized with baking soda and rinse again. work wonder and doesn't stink the house out then towel dry and let air dry or if need them quick put on the lowest setting in the oven for about 5 to 10 minutes

Two or three teaspoons of citric acid: https://www.wilko.com/en-uk/wilko-or...250g/p/0332009

And a squirt of washing up liquid. Chuck them in the tumbler for final dry and polish.

.22LR CZ452; .22 Hornet CZ527
    Tikka T3 Varmint .223; .204 Ruger CZ527 Varmint;
    6.5 Creed Bergara B14 HMR