Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5.6mm enlargement tool ?

Quote Originally Posted by HW55T View Post
    I was given one of these many years ago, this one has two 1.5mm thick discs, 2 very thin shim discs, knurled thick walled tapered tube, ball bearing and plunger, can't be many of these still complete ?
    There was no need for a plunger. One of the discs pushed the ball bearing down the tapered tube until the disc rested on top of the tube. That way all pellets produced were identical. The factory item was made to work with Wasp/Pylarm so that the Airsporter S came up to the advertised power levels but it wouldnt be too difficult to make another tube of a length to suit currently available pellets.

Quote Originally Posted by slow_runner View Post
    Is this the one Steve?
    Turn the volume off, the background music is crud

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnmkWWs6eOQ
    Yep , that’s the one.

I thought it was pretty good.

Therapeutic & rewarding what’s not to like ?

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Zodiac View Post
    Yep , that’s the one.

I thought it was pretty good.

Therapeutic & rewarding what’s not to like ?
    Mmmmm... At what point does 'therapeutic & rewarding' become boring & repetitive?
    With my disposition, I suspect sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Mmmmm... At what point does 'therapeutic & rewarding' become boring & repetitive?
    With my disposition, I suspect sooner rather than later.
    Well I agree that making 500 a night could become a drag for just plinking , but if you are a hunter , you’d have say forty bespoke pellets at a time to hunt with in fairly short time .

So just imagine, you’ve restored an old springer, made the pellets , shot a couple of pigeons , prepared and cooked them , then sat down with a nice glass to enjoy your meal.
    Or you could just nip to Tesco.

I read somewhere that .30 caliber pellets could be made from .25 pellets in a forming tool with the whack of a hammer.
    Unfortunately, I cant remember the source, but this sounds like what is asked for?

I can only imagine that pressing a ball bearing into the back of a pellet would only expand the skirt rather than the head (which is the most important bit) . Has anyone any experience of doing this and was accuracy actually improved? I can only see it being a waste of effort

Quote Originally Posted by greenwayjames View Post
    BSA used to make and sellthem for use with the Airsporter S. It works. 2 thin steel discs, a short, thick wall tube with tapered hole and a ball bearing. Place the tube on top of one of the discs. Drop pellet in nose fist. Drop ball bearing in skirt and push bearing down with the second disc until it comes to rest on top of the tube. Length of tube and sizes of taper determine the end result.

Still got one of those somewhere in a drawer full of bits. They did work and gave consistent results, although a bit boring after a couple of dozen.

Bsa sizer

Quote Originally Posted by greenwayjames View Post
    BSA used to make and sellthem for use with the Airsporter S. It works. 2 thin steel discs, a short, thick wall tube with tapered hole and a ball bearing. Place the tube on top of one of the discs. Drop pellet in nose fist. Drop ball bearing in skirt and push bearing down with the second disc until it comes to rest on top of the tube. Length of tube and sizes of taper determine the end result.
    Snap. I have a original BSA .22 sizer kit,unopened in its original bsa packaging. Had 3 at one time which were in a box of assorted bits and pieces,sold 2 in recent times.

Quote Originally Posted by flogger View Post
    Snap. I have a original BSA .22 sizer kit,unopened in its original bsa packaging. Had 3 at one time which were in a box of assorted bits and pieces,sold 2 in recent times.
    Can you give me the heads up on what bits n pieces are contained in your BSA sizer kit please Flogger.
    And as I'm thinking of selling the one I have, what's a fair price mate ?

Atb

John.
    Hw77+7

bsa sizer.

HW55T. The contents of the BSA sizer are the same as you have described further up the list. Thats the full complement of the kit. As for value i am still giving that some thought.
    Roly.

Quote Originally Posted by HW55T View Post
    Can you give me the heads up on what bits n pieces are contained in your BSA sizer kit please Flogger.
    And as I'm thinking of selling the one I have, what's a fair price mate ?

Atb

John.
    I can send you a postal order for 10s / 6d if you send me your address.