Thread: GTS break barrel

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    If you have an old fashioned cable release and don’t mind drilling a trigger guard it will solve that .

Interesting seeing it progress

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    cool...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

So it has been a month since the last update, and not too much to report. Day job has been hectic, and most spare time has been spent with the baby (now 4 months old!) and enjoying the recent spate of nice weather with the family.

Break barrel progress has mostly been 1 step forward, 2 steps back unfortunately. Had some recurring issues with the cocking linkage and some strange wear on the pinion gears, both of which have put the power issues on the back burner. This weekend I finally started opening out the transfer port, and power dropped even further! Seems I now have a leaky breech to deal with!
    On the plus side, I have been able to shoot the rifle quite a lot and certain things are looking promising. The counterweight, buffer and gear system (i.e the recoilless bits) are working pretty much spot on, and the new hardened pins (which are used in various places) are holding up well with no signs of wear or bending.

Getting to this point has been frustrating, but the glimpses of a fully working action are there. Will keep plugging away and report back when the pellets are coming out a bit quicker

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    Absolutely fascinating- keep the progress reports coming please...
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

Ace nice to see you are still managing to put a bit of time into both newborn's, the rifle will all way's need to come second, enjoy the little one while you can, it only feels like yesterday that we had our first but he is now 26 his brother 24 and there sister is now 21. Where oh where did the years go. Take care and enjoy it while you can. Graham.

Cheers for the update, Dan.

Sounds like you have more than enough on in getting that work, family and play balance in harmony at the moment. Take it easy.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Thanks for the messages. The wee man is #1 in my life right now. Most break barrel work is happening during his naps!

Opened transfer port out to 2.8mm and checked over chrono today.
    Exact = 4.91 ft-lb
    Express = 4.92 ft-lb
    RS = 4.92 ft-lb

I'm liking how equal the different weights are. But it would be nice if the output was a bit higher! More experimenting needed. Either going to open out the port a bit more, or have another look at the piston seal bore and fit. Will sleep on it.