Thread: GTS break barrel

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    looking good, Is that still at 3 fpe Dan , or have you had it running at ,11 plus yet ?

Quote Originally Posted by NickG View Post
    looking good, Is that still at 3 fpe Dan , or have you had it running at ,11 plus yet ?
    Nope, not got the power up yet. This is still at 45mm stroke. Having some gremlins with the cocking linkages due to the way it's laid out (very different to any other break barrel).

Will up the stroke once those gremlins are fixed

Another weekly update (do let me know if this is boring and I'll do less of them )
    I've now mostly fixed the cocking linkage to the point I can sit and shoot the thing as much as I want without anything breaking. Probably had about 100 shots this weekend.
    So now I can start testing in earnest! First job is to get the power up to something reasonable.

The stroke has been upped to 63mm (38.8cc volume). Unfortunately I only seem to own quite soft springs (i.e TX200 mk3) which isn't ideal for this bore/stroke. Muzzle energy has stalled at about 4.75 ft-lb @ 20% efficiency.

Next step is to have a final tweak to get to 65mm stroke and fit a higher rate spring (maybe something like a Titan #7 or an OEM equivalent from something). Then start slowly increasing TP diameter to see where the sweet spot is.
    Hoping to get up to around 10 ft-lb, then I'll start balancing the masses and see how much recoil can be removed.

We'll never tire of these updates, Dan, so keep them coming.

And good luck with the continuing research and progression.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Gts

Love it
    Please keep them coming
    atvb tom

Please use an Anschutz barrel.

HW95L sound & recoil

FWIW, this is the sound/recoil for my HW95L .22 after an ARH tune and a GPL-205 lube. Rifle average of 15 shots of 716 FPS using H&N FTT 14.66s.

https://youtu.be/bywPFmB2_ZM