Thread: Gun shops near Oakley Bedfordshire recommendations please?

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35

Gun shops near Oakley Bedfordshire recommendations please?

Hi all,

May be taking a trip to Bedfordshire on Saturday, so hopefully be looking to visit a good gun shop, any recommendations please, the few I've looked at so far seem to be more shotties than air rifles, Sundon model shop popped up but he seems to be full of the usual Chinese stuff and not sure what his secondhand selection is like.

Any advice please chaps.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Sporting targets at risely, it is a clay shooting ground but they have a selection of rifles and airguns.
    rapid 7 mk2 .22/btas 30ftlbs fac./fx verminator 177
    rapid 17 mk1 regged(by ben taylor)in mk2 stock
    savage hmr and dm80 mod/ crickett .22

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Hi all,

May be taking a trip to Bedfordshire on Saturday, so hopefully be looking to visit a good gun shop, any recommendations please, the few I've looked at so far seem to be more shotties than air rifles, Sundon model shop popped up but he seems to be full of the usual Chinese stuff and not sure what his secondhand selection is like.

Any advice please chaps.

Pete
    Sundon - good pellet prices - ?
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by PCPShooter View Post
    Sundon - good pellet prices - ?
    I've seen them advertised on the bay, I think I've had some from them in the past.
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

I used to stop at Sundon to buy pellets on the way to the bash, but that was years ago and I've not finished them due to a lack of shooting. I recently stumbled across their new shop location after they apparently moved a while back (I wasn't aware). Mainly model kits really but they're working on an indoor range upstairs at the moment and do have some of the usual airgun suspects. When I need pellets again I will pop in there.

There's an outdoors shop called Ronnie Sunshine's that mainly caters airguns, so that might be worth a look if it's not too far out of your way. They also have an indoor range so winter plinking doesn't have to be cold and windy

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Sundon Models can be interesting for 2nd hand Pete.
    Got my mint MFR sub 12 for £600 last year
    Pete

There are a couple of shops in Milton Keynes which are 30mins away. Donaldson's in Fenny Stratford, and R&K in Stony Stratford, both have dedicated air rifle sections, across all price ranges. Willard's is a third, smaller, primarily fishing tackle shop, but has a small collection of air rifles and pistols.

I like Donaldsons - (they are 'more' a firearms dealer), always well stocked, also a very comprehensive air rifle section _ I've bought a couple of rifles off them. Fair with prices rather than 'bargain find'
    Last edited by PCPShooter; 29-10-2022 at 08:06 AM.
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34