Quote Originally Posted by Weasle View Post
I can't wait to see the result....Any advances or refinements in the world of springers has got to be applauded.
All the very best in the coming weeks in the build and fine fettling during your commissioning period.
Cheers Steve
Unfortunately any advances are usually small scale and the preserve of enthusiasts. This one probably included.
A recoilless springer that could be sold for £400 would be something else! Maybe I'll have a word with the people at Hatsan

Quote Originally Posted by MartynB View Post
Out of interest, would you use an off the shelf trigger unit ? HW or AA ?
The prototypes are using AA triggers, with a modified top sear. Purely because I wanted to develop the recoilless mechanism first, rather than try to do everything at once.
I've already designed the production intent trigger though. It was based on the Diana 66/75 to start with, but as you look at other manufacturers you can see how ideas are borrowed/developed. To me the Anschutz match triggers (9003/9015) look a lot like developed versions of the Rapid Mk4 trigger. Which looks like a cassette version of a Diana 75.
Mine is another version of this layout. It currently has 1st and 2nd stage travel, over travel, and trigger weight adjustments and the safety is reset-able. Also, if the rifle is not cocked, manually setting the safety will set the trigger, so it can be dry fired (for helping setup trigger, or trigger practice).
I need to be careful with the leverage ratios because this will be holding back a lot of spring, but it shouldn't be far off an old Diana.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
Can't see this being anything other than very special and looking forward to further news.

Affording one, certainly in the shorter term, could be a different matter, though.

Best of luck with this project, Dan.
Quote Originally Posted by deejayuu View Post
This is building nicely! Heh! Big birthday year too
Thanks. If other people can get excited about this project, that might help with motivation during the less smooth times