Thread: So I got my project gun

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Exciting stuff, Nick - I’ve replied to your PM mate
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Got a bit more done https://photos.app.goo.gl/AnrM8zksNNYvDko38https://photos.app.goo.gl/48wVwYANBqcEwgLm8
    Just a top hat and I can get it shooting, will make a cast iron piston ring before I build so I can test with both .

So made a top hat and a cast iron ring (two actually) and couldn't get them into the groove the o ring dimensions are too big for the cast ring to work,so made a synthetic one from the precious material I have been using in the tx
    Built it all up with a tx spring , but needed a lot of pre load, and it made 11.2 with 7.9 and 10.8, with exacts only had 4.53 to hand I think it would do 11 on 4 .52, this is on the standard transfer port. The tx spring is too close in diameter to the bore of the piston and with the large pre load (50mm) I can feel it catching on cocking, so plan b is a 97 spring smaller diameter and a bit longer .

https://photos.app.goo.gl/g8JVFUNDqYmKMRPy9

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    sounds like your piston weight will be perfect
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    sounds like your piston weight will be perfect
    Fingers crossed Jon, I can always add a little weight via a steel top hat if needed, I was pleased the sleeve o ring sealed straight off , its a bit awkward to install as its half a groove if you get my meaning, the bottom of the cylinder forms the front of the groove , trying to keep lost volume to a minimum.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by NickG View Post
    Fingers crossed Jon, I can always add a little weight via a steel top hat if needed, I was pleased the sleeve o ring sealed straight off , its a bit awkward to install as its half a groove if you get my meaning, the bottom of the cylinder forms the front of the groove , trying to keep lost volume to a minimum.
    ...but looking at those numbers, and allowing for a little more preload and a slightly heavier (grams) spring, I can't see you'd need to.

Yes, I get you on the o-ring at the end - I guess you can only shove it forwards during installation
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

You were right about the spring , adjusted the guides and dropped a 97 spring in, trigger block is now just at the beginning of the thread so about 18mm preload , and its on the money , 11.2 with express and 11 with exacts , had to do a little work on the inletting to accommodate the extra stroke and the sleeve retaining screws, and its in the stock ready to shoot, I have only ever shot an 80 once before , so going to get Craig p to shoot it this weekend as he has probably shot a lot of them, see what he reckons to it.
    So got to pretty it up now ordered some tube for a barrel sleeve and muzzle weight, and I have a nice two stage adjustable blade somewhere ? to go on it.