A follow on from my post outlining my quest for a Chinese gun , the plan was to sleeve down and create something outstanding from humble beginnings, anyway it didn't turn out that way , after many enquiries , blind alleys and good deals that fell through , pcp shooter was kind enough to take all the parts I wasn't going to use out of his gun and sell it to me, and no it isn't Chinese , Its an HW 80! so bang goes the original plan ,

https://photos.google.com/album/AF1Q...2f5Hot928COPVj

New plan , similar to the old plan but with a little more respect for the 80, sleeve the compression tube down , had a measure up and think I can squeeze 90mm stroke from the old girl, so 23mm, as JB has a 24mm and apparently its brilliant( wouldnt expect anything else from John) and what's the point in having two of them ?, at the longer stroke should be a nice soft firing cycle , will be keeping the hw latch set up so non rotating It will have a steel piston with rear bearing with a pin to achieve this . Lots of room in the piston for spring choice. I have been having brilliant results from my synthetic piston ring experiments with the TX, so will pop one of those in . The sleeve, thinking removable in case it all ends up rubbish , A friend at the club has been producing rekord trigger blades, with two screws like a tx , and he gave me one to try, so I will put that in , lucky bugger that I am . If it all shoots as well as I want it to, I will do a venom style moderator for the front,and would love a tyrolean stock if one came up, if not perhaps adjustable cheek piece and a bisley pad I have in the cupboard , so that's about it watch this space .