Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: So I got my project gun

Believe me, this thing is in a different league.
    I shot it offhand at a 30 odd harder and the reticle stayed within the kill (I forget the mag I was shooting on, perhaps Nick can assist there), seriously ‘easy’ to shoot and a credit to its maker.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Stop it!

Need to get the tissues out!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

16 mag I think

My mistake the scope is a 9x magnification

So the plan was to use White vinegar to strip the old blueing, then give it a quick buff up .Turns out the hw polishing is pants, once you rub a bit of 350 wet and dry over it it becomes obvious. So a couple of hours polishing and nearly there, a few radial marks on the shroud to sort out then off to the blacking shop.https://photos.app.goo.gl/y9tFuY18JwzgRSUGAhttps://photos.app.goo.gl/dPPctDR8qo4bXcaD6https://photos.app.goo.gl/ecJxSHK6L7SYbNGt8

On another note , Craig thought this shot brilliantly as did I , but a little part of me wondered if it could be better, so today I started making a 22 mm piston and sleeve for it , just for the sake of comparison, I just can't help myself I think I need professional help

We’ll be needing another meet up then, mate
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by NickG View Post
    On another note , Craig thought this shot brilliantly as did I , but a little part of me wondered if it could be better, so today I started making a 22 mm piston and sleeve for it , just for the sake of comparison, I just can't help myself I think I need professional help
    This is what distinguishes you from the rest , your ability to persue improvement and test different tunes or re-engineered concepts , so i personally think you are a professional who is here to help all of us mere mortals.
    I am glad that you exist and i know you.
    Cheers maz.

Yep, Nick certainly isn't one to rest on his laurels and bask in the accolades and will continue pushing the envelope in pursuit of perfection.

We're certainly honoured to be have him amongst us, as we are a fine selection of other tuners who are all open and willing to share their considerable knowledge and expertise.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Been testing the same tune principles in my TX 200 over the past few months. It’s a simple test, pick up the gun and fire at 55 yards and see if it’s level. So far from 15-25 degrees it’s not shifted a click since February, not a single click at 55 yards.

I’ve got nick’s tune in another gun and that’s going though testing as well. Early days but the sight picture is as others have said.

So waiting for the action to come back from the blacking shop, finished the 22 mm internals , side by side with the 23

https://photos.app.goo.gl/9jGf7Uo2xBYDdDAr9

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    man, that's two-downmanship. Just not fair

You did well to squeeze enough stroke for 22mm
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Excellent work.
    I've got a 'venom' Tyrolean hw80 that turned out to not have any internal work at all (bought blind because it was cheap!).
    Giving me lots of ideas for what to do with it!

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    man, that's two-downmanship. Just not fair

You did well to squeeze enough stroke for 22mm
    not exactly certain I have lol, I managed a gnats under 90mm , because of the tube I had to use and the spring diameter the piston is a little heavier than the 23 mm , so it might slam a bit , will build it see what happens , all very scientific, NOT 🙄

[QUOTE=cooper_dan;7907554]Excellent work.
    I've got a 'venom' Tyrolean hw80 that turned out to not have any internal work at all (bought blind because it was cheap!).
    Giving me lots of ideas for what to do with it![/QUOTE I have a Tyrolean on the way for this one,It was a 25mm venom I did some work on that inspired me to do all this.