Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cs custom stock hw77

Cs custom stock hw77

Hi I have a couple of early mk2 hw77 rifles, Was thinking of treating one to a cs stock, Even though i hardly use springers one of the 77s I bought new in the mid 80s, I have the 97 plastic stock on it at the moment but wanted to ask if anyone has a custom stock on theirs , What you think of it, Thanks

CS stocks are very good and well worth the money
    Just pick the one that suits you best

took delivery of a nice new CS500 with stippling and rosewood cap for my AA400 a few days ago. Very nice indeed!

Thanks or the above, I only ever had them on older guns, Had one also on a old daystate ,Think it was a 800, very similar, Also had one on a hw80 but it was left handed and never used it, very tempted to try one,

I have a CS700 thumbhole on a 77K, had one on a AAS410 as well now i think about it, they are a nice job, id have another.

Quote Originally Posted by rapidboy1 View Post
    I have a CS700 thumbhole on a 77K, had one on a AAS410 as well now i think about it, they are a nice job, id have another.
    Thanks for that, They do look quite nice.

I like the cs stocks

Quote Originally Posted by rapidresponse1 View Post
    I like the cs stocks
    Some of the older ones are nice to

Ive got about a dozen CS stocks now, the tyrolean that they produce now is particularly nice.

Customstocks will also do a fantastic job of renovating an old stock if you ask them nicely, they have always been superb whenever I have used them.
    "But we have our own dream and our own task. We are with Europe, but not of it. We are linked, but not comprised. We are interested and associated, but not absorbed."
    Winston Churchill 1930

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gen View Post
    Ive got about a dozen CS stocks now, the tyrolean that they produce now is particularly nice.

Customstocks will also do a fantastic job of renovating an old stock if you ask them nicely, they have always been superb whenever I have used them.

Was looking at the tyro stocks, The wood they use looks lovely,

https://i.ibb.co/1fcG5my/IMG-2104-1.jpg

The Tyrolean on the left is a modern CS600, the one on the right is a CS Tyrolean from 1986 on a camargue
    "But we have our own dream and our own task. We are with Europe, but not of it. We are linked, but not comprised. We are interested and associated, but not absorbed."
    Winston Churchill 1930

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gen View Post
    https://i.ibb.co/1fcG5my/IMG-2104-1.jpg

The Tyrolean on the left is a modern CS600, the one on the right is a CS Tyrolean from 1986 on a camargue
    Lovely collection that, Nice stocks, Had a mk1 rapid which had a tyrolean stock , Also had a lot of engraving done , Stock had a faint marble effect, Unfortunately some numpty cut the rear out to alter the power, Just killed it,

If the link to my sig picture is still working you'll see my mk1 77k with an older cs800 stock and a Bushnell 3200 10x40 on top.

It's a fair weight but very nice to use. The forestock fills the hand as does the swell on the pistol grip. The design tends to bring you to the same position every time - presumably that's the intention.

I tried it for fun at a few HFT's but the stock does restrict you and make things difficult on some awkward shots. Best of luck to anyone who takes it hunting. It's perfect for FT though.

The scope was popped on to give it a place to live - it now wears an EB Sniper. I find that high mounts are more comfortable because of the height and shape of the cheekpiece - so for me a big objective lens scope would be fine.

I suspect the CS700 stock offers a bit more flexibility to the user. That's probably the one to go for if you're not into FT and sitting on your bum target shooting.

If you're thinking of getting one, get an adjustable butt.
    Last edited by Lumberjack; 11-06-2020 at 12:03 AM.
    The 0.22 Treefeller X X2R HW77k
    Pound for pound, the amoeba is the most vicious animal on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumberjack View Post
    If the link to my sig picture is still working you'll see my mk1 77k with an older cs800 stock and a Bushnell 3200 10x40 on top.

It's a fair weight but very nice to use. The forestock fills the hand as does the swell on the pistol grip. The design tends to bring you to the same position every time - presumably that's the intention.

I tried it for fun at a few HFT's but the stock does restrict you and make things difficult on some awkward shots. Best of luck to anyone who takes it hunting. It's perfect for FT though.

The scope was popped on to give it a place to live - it now wears an EB Sniper. I find that high mounts are more comfortable because of the height and shape of the cheekpiece - so for me a big objective lens scope would be fine.

I suspect the CS700 stock offers a bit more flexibility to the user. That's probably the one to go for if you're not into FT and sitting on your bum target shooting.

If you're thinking of getting one, get an adjustable butt.
    That's a lovely gun, stick looks nice, very similar to a stock I had on a early daystate , Only difference is the front of the stock where I had a load of stippling on it.

I had to wait quite a while for this stock. It was well worth it!