Thread: Amx reticle

Amx reticle

Hawke amx reticle,could I have your honest options of this reticle

amx reticule

I have one on an FX which I used for HFT in the past - in fact I managed my best ever score with that set up 69/80 (we shoot 40 targets in SWEFTA).
    I like the reticle, a good variety of aim points and I found the christmas tree effect handy in the wind.
    HTH
    Dave

A good ret layout but a tad too fine for dusk and dawn shooting imo.

A IR centre section would really help with this but Hawke seems to have over looked this on the entry level AMX models ?
    Hw77+7

Quote Originally Posted by HW55T View Post

A IR centre section would really help with this but Hawke seems to have over looked this on the entry level AMX models ?
    Would the Hawke Panorama be more suited to dawn and dusk?

Quote Originally Posted by HW55T View Post

I'm a big fan of the scope and reticle and have a few of them. But the above is also my take on the range.
    Dave

I’ve now got a couple of the compact airmax, great scopes, illuminated reticle, 30mm tubes, nice clear glass, side focus. And on sale at optics warehouse at the mo. I’ve also got a viper connect with the scb reticle on my hft 500. Similar reticles in all honesty. A good scope for sub £200 is the optisan evx 4-16x44, comes with metal flip ups, side wheel, sun shade and a great reticle in the MH10, these used to be around the £360 area, MM sporting selling them at £195. Have one on my gsx 200. Worth a look if you need IR on a scope.

For my eyes, a great reticle. Can only be improved by a small dot at the centre of the crosshairs

AMX is an excellent reticle - in my opinion, the only one better is the original SCB reticle. I find that it goes perfectly for my eyes with a range finder and holdover - I find some others ( including half mildot) to be way too busy.

All of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake267 View Post
    I’ve now got a couple of the compact airmax, great scopes, illuminated reticle, 30mm tubes, nice clear glass, side focus. And on sale at optics warehouse at the mo. I’ve also got a viper connect with the scb reticle on my hft 500. Similar reticles in all honesty. A good scope for sub £200 is the optisan evx 4-16x44, comes with metal flip ups, side wheel, sun shade and a great reticle in the MH10, these used to be around the £360 area, MM sporting selling them at £195. Have one on my gsx 200. Worth a look if you need IR on a scope.
    The "£360 area" one is the FFP version the £195 is most likely the SFP & the FFP is worth it.

The AMX is a very nice multi aim point ret, & the Airmax 30SF a very, very nice scope.

I've 2 amx 32mm scopes, I love them, also own many panorama scopes but never feel the need to use the ir. All depends on your shooting conditions. Night vision is better without it for sure