Thread: Webley Aim brace --How much?

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

Webley Aim brace --How much?

I've just seen this up on the bay item no 283935081386. I thought there would have been more interest. It is not the sort of thing that I would be interested in as they always seemed a daft idea, with having to drill the bottom of the frame + not really liking pistol carbines.

I thought there might be a few more bids on that from the "collectors" and would be interested to see what it goes for. Any guesses?

I still think they should have done a Crossman type one that uses the grip screws.

On a slightly different note ----why did they make it so you had to drill the frame??? And why did Bsa do a scope arrestor you screwed and/or glued to the cylinder??
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

You dont drill the frame, it fits with a bracket that is fitted with longer grip screws

Edit: Just realised thats for the Nemesis only.
    I have one fitted to my Nemesis and it does make them quite a useful and accurate pistol.
    Last edited by DEAN C.; 04-07-2020 at 10:16 PM.
    BASC

pjbingham is offline My mother was flexible,but couldn't do Thursdays
    I think the aim brace is a weird addition for the Tempest. As a teenager in the 80’s we all wanted Tempests, they were seen in our eyes as the best air pistol you could buy but one of the main reasons was the size, it was easy to tuck into your waistband and wander over the fields with it. We knew the Scorpion was more powerful which is an extremely important factor to a youngster but being roughly the same size as a bus we didn’t really go for them. I suspect we were not alone in our thoughts of being easily carried and I’m sure Webley sold many for that reason. We would never have wanted an aim brace because it would have made the Tempest too large,if you wanted something a touch more accurate and size wasn’t an issue you went for the Hurricane instead (which none of us did) I think it’s that the makes the aim brace a bit niche, I’d own one from a collecting point of view but I wouldn’t fit and use it I don’t think.

Aimbrace

Quite a lot of Webley collectors also like to collect Webley accessories and pellet tins. I seem to remember one of these selling on the bay for around £50 in the past. I think that the Tempest and Nemesis could both be fitted with the shoulder stock, but had different adapters. Can anyone confirm this? I've seen an adapter that had a pair of "ears" that were fastened to the existing grip holes in the frame, and I assumed that this was for the Nemesis. I'm not sure how the Tempest adapter was fitted to the gun. This adapter was then slid into the aimbrace.
    Life is to be enjoyed, not endured.

harvey_s is online now Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Surprised its even going for that TBH as its only half of the setup... Without the heel plate for the pistol any fitting is going to be a bodge.

I would guess the bidders don't understand this or they have uncontrollable collectoritis...

The Webley Aimbrace could be supplied with an adaptor for either the Nemesis or Tempest/Hurricane, but had to purchased for either one or the other, not both, unless a separate adaptor was purchased at the same time.
    The Tempest/Hurricane frames needed to be drilled at the base to fit the adaptor.

Aimbrace

Thanks for the valuable Aimbrace information sheet.

It's difficult to see if the adapter is present, as the stock is in its plastic bag. It may be in the socket that it slides into, when in use.

From the pictures shown it would appear there is no adaptor present, which is explained in the description of there being a hole in the bottom of the bag, which means the adaptor has either been lost or used on a pistol.
    I have a couple of both adaptors available should someone on the AGBBS buy it, as I bought the few remaining new Aimbraces and adaptors from Webley some years ago.

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Seventy five quid it went for!
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Aimbrace

That's a lot of money for an incomplete accessory, even if they are quite rare. I noticed that a note had been added from the seller to point out that it had a part missing. Maybe the buyer has an adapter without the stock.

I am starting to think there is a lot of shill bidding going on rather than rampant "don't know what it is worth so will pay through the nose'itis"

There was that scratched beech HW35 stock the other week that went for a ridiculous amount only to reappear for sale about a week later and other stuff making crazy prices.

Smells fishy to me, or maybe there are a lot of people with a desperate need to waste money?
    Rich.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Aimbrace

I think that the lockdown may have something to do with it as well. There are lots of people who are completely bored, with spare cash because there is nowhere to spend it.